vote: can we win at united

vincent said:
PabZab said:
Yes, they will be very tired with their mind elsewhere.

I hope you are right pal, but very much doubt that will be the case after last year when we pissed on their parade. That day will still be in taggarts memory. They will be fired up for this one.

I agree they will be fired up for this much more than I believe our players can be. Listened to Hughes talking on ssn yesterday morning about our run in and he glossed over next week and said the Tottenham game was the one most important to gaining the 7th spot. Personally I would have thought the next game no matter whom it was against was equally as important to maintain the momentum and stay in the fight and the fact its against those red bastards makes it all the more important.

No. Wayne Bridge will get turned inside out by Tranny because he has struggled with a lot less talented right wingers than pretty boy and a lot of goals have been conceeded down that flank. The movement of all their attackers makes them hard to keep marked for 90 minutes aswell. If we go defensive and we conceed one goal our game plan turns to shit. If we go too attacking then we risk being counter attacked so for me there needs to be a balance.

If we can get Robinho, Ireland, Elano all on the ball enough then chances will be created and I'd be tempted to play Robinho more forward and give Martin the chance to turn Chuckle inside out or that young Brazilian fella they've got.

They need to win to maintain their title challenge and ensure they win it in reality but I don't expect us to roll over and die, that's not MH's way.

The one thing in our favour going into any derby game is that we seem to recognise the importance of the game more than the rags do. They have been underachieving in the recent derby games whereas we've gone all out against the odds and given some some pride back to the fans. The only difference this time will be the value of the 3 points on offer to both teams.

It all depends if we can keep united out. I think our attack is good enough to nick a goal, or even two if were at our best. The main thing would be to see how we would cope with uniteds attacking players. If we cant were screwed and gonna get hammered. If we can then we stand a fair chance. De Jong and Kompany will need to perform better than ever if we've got a chance here. We cant let players like Rooney or Carrick have a lot of time on the ball as they eventually will pick out a good pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.