VPN Advice - (2020 pg12)

Hi, you can watch the bt sport app and sky sports one in Europe now as long as you watch a programme in the UK on them before you go and a month after to prove you are still a UK resident.

I have done it in Portugal and Spain recently as there was a recent change to allow this and it worked perfectly fine.

I had a couple of emails a few weeks after returning to remind me to watch content whilst back in the UK again to allow me to keep using the service.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with advice on vpn’s. I’m off on holiday tomorrow and am away for the community shield but want to be able to watch it on the bt app i have on my ipad. I’m not very technical and don’t want to sign upto anything long term or pay for it as i’ve seen you can possibly get a 30 day free trial which would do for me as i’m back before the west ham game. Please can anyone shed any light on how to do this and the easiest and most reliable company to trust.

Thanks in advance martinmcfc

Hi, you can watch the bt sport app and sky sports one in Europe now as long as you watch a programme in the UK on them before you go and a month after to prove you are still a UK resident.

I have done it in Portugal and Spain recently as there was a recent change to allow this and it worked perfectly fine.

I had a couple of emails a few weeks after returning to remind me to watch content whilst back in the UK again to allow me to keep using the service.

Thanks for letting me know

I can not get any sound on my xciptv have tried the settings and stuff but no joy any ideas before I give it back to my mate in the pub , who set it up for me on my firestick and he has all the logins details., cheers .

Hey I am using ExpressVPN with most of the streaming platforms and it runs good. I get decent speed so I can even stream 4k content easily. I have yet to try it with 6play and other channels though. Because Nord didn't work well with it last month. So far, netflix, hulu and prime video were all good with it.

Last edited:
Hey I am using ExpressVPN with most of the streaming platforms and it runs good. I get decent speed so I can even stream 4k content easily. I have yet to try it with BBC iPlayer though. Because Nord didn't work well with it last month. So far, netflix, hulu and prime video were all good with it.
I use Nord and I can't get BBC iPlayer when connected. I assume it's because they can't check whether the IP address has a licence.

So I'm after a VPN and I'm looking at going with NordVPN or ExpressVPN, which one's best?

Mainly need it for security, masking P2P sharing and accessing content from other countries.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.