Wages

Re: Footballers' wages - obscenely inflated

For me it's a purely economic argument. A business should be able to pay a certain level of wages and make a profit. If they can't (and that applies to many clubs) then the level of wages is inflated and therefore wrong.

Relative to the income generated within football as whole, including TV money, sponsorship, matchday income etc. Then they are inflated but not obscenly so,

relative to Joe public, then a big Hughes, obviously!

I think it's better that it goes to the players than all of it just going to faceless executives. Imagine if footballers were paid a pittance. We'd be arguing that they should get the lion's share of the huge sums of money that the sport generates.

I wish in more industries the workers earning the organisation the money were paid more.
Nothing wrong with the players getting a least 70% of the clubs turnover as long as the club makes a profit.

I think no team should pay any player over 20k a week.
If they need more than that then they better get a financial planner and get their arse to kwik save.
The rest of the profits should go into the local community and sports facilities.

Any player who would object i would see banned from playing for being a greedy ****.

I know parity and all that but at the core of it nobody needs the cash these fellas are on, it could be doing more than buying the latest ferrari or omega watch released that week.

That said if i was offered 300k a week, would i take it, damn straight i would :D
Mind you i need it because i'm just that good :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.