Was Gareth Barry the Player You Expected?

pee dubya said:
Plays his best or England when he has Gerrard and Lampard ahead of him.

Personally he and De Jong are interchangeable, not both at the same time.

-- Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 am --

Is there an Echo...Echo....Echooo in here ha ha

between october-january he was very poor, if we had any better options he would of been on the bench.

he started off like a house on fire, he was superb then his form just went and since the villa game away he was shocking, villa and brum were his 2 worse away games he's had, both games the crowd bullied him and he couldn't handle it.

if he had a better player along side him, IMO he would be so much better, he needs some creativity along side him, de jong is class but not the player barry needs along aside him.

overall he's done well, but maybe he stood out at villa because he was their best player, for us he isn't.

2Daroot said:
pee dubya said:

-- Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 am --

Fook off off off, i'm pissed pissed pissed pissed.

At least i spelt everything right wright write.

Been no different from what the Villa fans said he would. Jack of all trades master of none. I'm not a big fan of his but he would be better off playing alongside a midfielder with the pace to drive us forward and a creative player too. When he is alongside De Jong at the middle of a 4-4-2 he doesn't offer enough going forward and we all know that De Jong's role is essentially destructive.

pee dubya said:
2Daroot said:

Fook off off off, i'm pissed pissed pissed pissed.

At least i spelt everything right wright write.

Nice one mate !!!!!!! No need for the abusive language you bellend<br /><br />-- Tue May 11, 2010 12:24 am --<br /><br />
Thaksinssoldier said:
I said he was overrated in oct and got 30 pages of "you're an idiot" insults.

To me he was extremely poor and has a big tendency to spectate at crucial points in games.

He had one or two excellent games but overall I would have much preferred a fit and on form michael Johnson,or even dare I say joey Barton in his prime.

Was doin so well had everyone seein your point then you ruined it all by puttin thiis.................or even dare I say joey Barton egotistical child beating/burning bad attituded scouse twat, Wash your mouth out. Ruined ruined.... its all just ruined now credability gone

It seems pointless to play him alongside De Jong as they are both similar players. I would prefer someone more creative in the centre with Barry as a sub, he would be a useful player to bring should De Jong gets injured.

mcfc83 said:
It seems pointless to play him alongside De Jong as they are both similar players. I would prefer someone more creative in the centre with Barry as a sub, he would be a useful player to bring should De Jong gets injured.

THIS

Was doin so well had everyone seein your point then you ruined it all by puttin thiis.................or even dare I say joey Barton egotistical child beating/burning bad attituded scouse twat, Wash your mouth out. Ruined ruined.... its all just ruined now credability gone

I agree 100%...pure scumbag.But if someone sorted out him and Johnno in their formative years(and micah while we are at it) we'd have had some team in footballing terms.

But yes Joey is a dirtbag I've no respect for.

Sorry to get off tangent!

Oh and to bring it back on topic,I still think Barry could do a job for us..he just didnt do it this season.Does anyone agree Barry would look world class in serie A?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.