Was our title team under Pelegrini underrated?

Kompany, Zabaleta, Lescott, Hart, Negredo, Navas, Demichelis, Jovetic, Fernandinho.
The "Bobby's team" mantra isn't accurate. You can make an argument that all of those players made varying degrees of contributions to our title win that season. All of those players were not Mancini's signings, whether the ones signed prior to his reign featured regularly or not.

The double winning side of 13/14 played some beautiful football, but we had a soft underbelly on a lot of occasions. I think that's why it isn't remembers as highly as other title winning teams, alongside Pellegrini's obvious decline in the subsequent seasons.
They don't have to have brought by bobby to be his team,they were his team because he had managed them for 3 yrs and won 2 trophies

My huge problem when I reflect on Pelligrini's 3 seasons is the Real Madrid performance was so devastating that it colours everything else. It's probably not fair nor an accurate reflection of his time with us but it still hurts. Plus we got worse over his time with us. Having said that he had a weird situation with Pep looming over him so the drop off is maybe understandable.

It was a fantastic season for us but to be fair in the last 15 seasons only twice has the winner recorded less than 86 points, which is what we finished on. Leicester and the Rags in 10-11.

Pellegrini didn't get the accolades he deserved that year.
A great manager playing attacking football.
The best pre cursor to Pep.
It was the squad who took the piss and let him down.
He was just a little bit too nice, and a lot of them took their foot off the gas.

Guardiola expects and demands 100% effort all of the time, and players do get tired of that.

Look at that Chelsea squad. It's one year on, one year off
Said it 100 times when he was here, I'd only switch him for Pep. Anyone else would have been a lateral or downgrade.

Folks prematurely overrated out talent and thus excused their silly decision of blaming Pel.

When he had talent at it's peak, he stormed the league like Vikings storming North... Well you know the rest :)

Yeah they were underrated. Played such mesmerizing attacking football. Recall at various times how we steam rollered the opposition like they under 18s. It was glorious.

But, but, but, was the MOTY....... Pardew ?!?!????! We did a double, scoring 156 goals in all comps, obvs. not the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.