Was yesterday a better performance than the ballet on ice?

FeedTheGoat10

Having only seen a 10 minute video of the match in 1967 I can't really say.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYQUXe0VLk[/youtube]
Anyone on here who's seen both care to share your thoughts with us?

In absolute terms, yes. The technical standards and fitness levels were much higher yesterday.

But then you have to take into account the conditions. The ballet on ICE was just that. Its impossible to say how yesterday's team would have coped with those conditions.

remember the day well ,my dad dropped me off at ancoats hospital on his way to the match with my three brothers , I broke my leg at houghend and was having it set , was still there at seven that night , saw the highlights on m o t d

cibaman said:
In absolute terms, yes. The technical standards and fitness levels were much higher yesterday.

But then you have to take into account the conditions. The ballet on ICE was just that. Its impossible to say how yesterday's team would have coped with those conditions.

Would the game even have gone ahead these days? Or rather, would a premier league ground allow itself to get into that state, what with under-soil heating etc etc.

My feet, hands and toes did not belong to me for most of the game - agony for me but ecstasy on the pitch- two completely different games - the ice changed it but city were really magnificent on the ice- Bell was outstanding - it helped that most players for city wore plimsolls - they didn't have trainers then !
Yesterday was sublime - the speed was amazing - the possession fabulous and the goals were all classics
Both games were teamwork and both teams fabulous in their own ways- I and many others have waited long for this and it is sweet!

Went to ballet on ice with my mum, only saw yesterday on TV. Can say that ballet on ice was out of this world, it was men against snowmen as Spurs were so static.
Yesterday the movement looked awesome, different conditions, different eras but the same result, City were incredible.

denislawsbackheel said:
No
And I was there

Its like saying is Pele better than Messi

The technical skill of the players is much better now thanks to all things to do with the body, training techniques, nutrition, medical etc also the pitches are in another world, better at the end of the season than the pitches in the past were at the start.

So like for like then yesterday was better and I was there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.