Waspi Women

So surely that should be put right, no?
Or is it ok to have sexual discrimination as long as it’s men discriminated against?
Going forward it should be. But it seems like the way it was changed was a bit off. It might seem discriminatory but when you think about it, a woman born in the 50s probably had far fewer opportunities to make the same wages as a man over her lifetime, and far less chance to build up a substantial private pension of her own. Many of them will have taken years out of work, or dropped down to part time, in order to raise kids. I'm not saying it's the best solution, but I think it was a system that recognised and in some way compensated women for the inequalities in career opportunities and earning potential at the time. I don't know what the system was exactly, but I think allowing women to qualify for the full pension with fewer years contributed might have been a more appropriate solution. But I don't automatically think treating the sexes differently if the aim is to address a pre-existing inequality makes it a bad thing.

Going forward it should be. But it seems like the way it was changed was a bit off. It might seem discriminatory but when you think about it, a woman born in the 50s probably had far fewer opportunities to make the same wages as a man over her lifetime, and far less chance to build up a substantial private pension of her own. Many of them will have taken years out of work, or dropped down to part time, in order to raise kids. I'm not saying it's the best solution, but I think it was a system that recognised and in some way compensated women for the inequalities in career opportunities and earning potential at the time. I don't know what the system was exactly, but I think allowing women to qualify for the full pension with fewer years contributed might have been a more appropriate solution. But I don't automatically think treating the sexes differently if the aim is to address a pre-existing inequality makes it a bad thing.
While I understand and agree mostly with your post, there are plenty of men out there who were born at the same time and wouldn’t have had the opportunity or the money to build up a substantial private pension due to their skills/education/opportunity. On the flip side of that I work with, and for, plenty of women with a substantial private pension who would now be eligible for a large cash payout when men on similar and, in some cases considerably less pension, will get nothing and are expected to work until they are 65/66.
The 50s is a good starting point because the lifestyles and earning capacity for that group changed beyond recognition than for those born earlier, including women.

Like everything else, a universal benefit, benefits those who are in less need of it than others.

Just completed a form on behalf of SWMBO on the BBC website and if labour get into power they will pay her @£11,500 over 5 years as compensation for not getting her state pension at 60.
Meanwhile I am expected to wait until I am 66 until I get a single penny of State Pension.
Whatever happened to equality of the sexes?

Is there enough money in the world for Labour to pay for what they intend to do come victory on election day?

Some years ago we went to Oulton Park and the pits area was full of attractive young PR women in very tight yellow and black outfits emphasising very slim wasp like waists.

To my disappointment this thread was not about them. Quite the bloody opposite.
You’re right there Mike

Mrs H was looking in the mirror the other day, she said:

“Look at me, only just in my 60’s
Double chin
Lines around my eyes
Tits are sagging
Bingo wings
Belly’s getting bigger
Thighs are unsightly”

I just sat that saying nothing

She said

“You could give me some encouragement”

“Ok, your eyesight is fucking spot on”

You’re right there Mike

Mrs H was looking in the mirror the other day, she said:

“Look at me, only just in my 60’s
Double chin
Lines around my eyes
Tits are sagging
Bingo wings
Belly’s getting bigger
Thighs are unsightly”

I just sat that saying nothing

She said

“You could give me some encouragement”

“Ok, your eyesight is fucking spot on”
This post is so funny.
I am going to chance showing it to er indoors later on to see what she thinks of it.
If I don't post on here for a few days you will know that there has been an averse reaction to it.
One of you may have to call the emergency services on my behalf!!!!!

Just completed a form on behalf of SWMBO on the BBC website and if labour get into power they will pay her @£11,500 over 5 years as compensation for not getting her state pension at 60.
Meanwhile I am expected to wait until I am 66 until I get a single penny of State Pension.
Whatever happened to equality of the sexes?

Welcome to Tory Britain ..... Its likely you'll never get a state pension whilst the Conservatives remain in power

Correct. Pure electioneering. Brought in after the manifesto published (after the question on QT) and no costing done whatsoever.

Will never happen.

Totally incorrect .... it was included in the 2017 manifesto as well and was always going to be included in this one

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/p...waspi-labour-manifesto-2019-news-latest-women

I know what an empty promise is thanks, so no need to be a smart arse. I was curious as my wife falls into this bracket, even though neither of us will be voting for corbyn.

Yeah done that thanks, but I don't see any kind of calculator.

So let me get this right ..... you and your wife will pass up the possibility of up to £31,500 compensation (money that was stolen from your wife and her employers )

Because ......... Corbyn?

You need to start looking at , and voting for policies not personalities.

Is there enough money in the world for Labour to pay for what they intend to do come victory on election day?

Most of the policies are self funding ..... for example

• building houses for rent generates rental income.
  • Renationalising water stops dividends (£6.5 billion in the last five years ) being syphoned off to shareholders.
  • renationalising Rail stops dividends (£1 billion in the last six years ) being paid to shareholders

Same with Electricity and Gas. And these sums are without the profits that these companies make (my own rail line is owned by the Dutch Government who made £80 million profit last despite running a shit poor service )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.