Wasted talent..

Miami Weiss

Lukas Podolski - Absolutely class last WC, top teams all over Europe wanted him.
Claimed he would miss Germany too much if he moved away, Left Bayern for the very average FC Koln, currently sitting 13th in the Bundesliga.

Obafemi Martins - A good young player, Newcastle relegated, moved to Wolfsburg.
Remember him ? Wouldn't of said no to him 2 seasons ago.

Freddy Adu - First cap for USA aged 16!! was expected to be phenomenal!
currently playing in the Greek League, world beater, eh ?

Nicky Weaver, Lee Croft, Bradley Wright Phillips, Ishmael Miller, Sir Joseph Barton.

Stephen Ireland's the next to be added to that list

Podolski's a strange one, he's never been particularly brilliant on the domestic front, but he seems to constantly have stormers for Germany.

Can't blame him for moving back to Koln, his boyhood club and where he made his breakthrough. Could've had his pick of the majority of European clubs, but if that's what he wants to do, fair play to him.

Miami Weiss said:
Obafemi Martins - A good young player, Newcastle relegated, moved to Wolfsburg.
Remember him ? Wouldn't of said no to him 2 seasons ago.

They had just won the Bundesliga when he signed. Hardly a step down as he's been playing Champions League football this season.

The Pink Panther said:
Nicky Weaver, Lee Croft, Bradley Wright Phillips, Ishmael Miller, Sir Joseph Barton.

Stephen Ireland's the next to be added to that list

Croft, BWP, and Miller are hardly wasted talents, Croft and BWP are not Premier League quality, Championship is their level. Miller is still quite young, but I can't see him becoming anything special. I wouldn't class Barton as a wasted talent either, he's a good Premier League standard player, and thats it.

Freddy Adu. Aged 20, probably about 31.

What about Willo Flood? I still remember him scoring that volley against Norwich. Let's hope this latest crop of youngsters aren't going to go to waste. Nimely, Weiss, Ball etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.