Watch Replicas

TCIB said:
omega-jb-qos1.jpg

This model seamaster bud.

I'm wearing a similar one now. Pound for pound it's reckoned to be the best watch you can buy. Bought it for £700 seven years ago; Omega put the prices up last Sunday and now tend to put about £50 on every 12-18 months, so a similar one will cost you £1,500 today. Money doubles every ten years roughly, so I'm up on the deal.

They've just brought out a limited edition Aqua Terra co-axial watch and chronometer, both in blue (http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/product-presentations/seamaster-olympic-london-2012), for the Olympics at several thousands of pounds each. Sounds a lot but they'll be sought out in a few years time. If you've got money to burn, buy one; they'll be a good investment.

Fake watches though? What's the point?

BTH said:
TCIB said:
omega-jb-qos1.jpg

I'm wearing a similar one now. Pound for pound it's reckoned to be the best watch you can buy. Bought it for £700 seven years ago; Omega put the prices up last Sunday and now tend to put about £50 on every 12-18 months, so a similar one will cost you £1,500 today. Money doubles every ten years roughly, so I'm up on the deal.

They've just brought out a limited edition Aqua Terra co-axial watch and chronometer, both in blue (http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/product-presentations/seamaster-olympic-london-2012), for the Olympics at several thousands of pounds each. Sounds a lot but they'll be sought out in a few years time. If you've got money to burn, buy one; they'll be a good investment.

I have one of these in storage for my son when he reaches 21, it was left to me by my father but i don't wear watches.

a0e7ns.jpg

Really don't understand why anyone would pay a lot of money for a watch. Someone said "you get what you pay for", a £20 watch tells the time, a £2000 watch tells the time. Can someone please enlighten me as to the difference in quality between an expensive watch and a cheap one.

kennycar said:
Really don't understand why anyone would pay a lot of money for a watch. Someone said "you get what you pay for", a £20 watch tells the time, a £2000 watch tells the time. Can someone please enlighten me as to the difference in quality between an expensive watch and a cheap one.

Diamonds or glass? solid gold or gold plate? Manchester City or Colchester City (hey, they both play football and they're both called City). An expensive watch isn't just a watch, it's jewellery and potentially a good investment.

pominoz said:
BTH said:
TCIB said:
omega-jb-qos1.jpg

I have one of these in storage for my son when he reaches 21, it was left to me by my father but i don't wear watches.

a0e7ns.jpg

He just told me he hates watches and to give it to me.

2rf8odk.jpg

It is as NSBFL say's Kenny, also if i wore a casio again i would feel like i looked the same as my old PE teachers.

TCIB said:
FantasyIreland said:
Focusdazz said:
Seen that coming ha

In all seriousness,get saving instead and wait for the real deal.

^^

I had a snide when i was 18 and i was only kidding myself and it just felt cheap and shitty even though it was a good fake.

Save up op, you get what you pay for with watches most times imo and a sound 2k watch will last you a lifetime.
I love my omega and very happy i got a legit one.

this ^^ my son bought me a snide when he went with work to china, lovely looking and looked the real thing, but i knew it wasnt. in the end i got a real one (breitling) and glad i did.

Lucky13 said:
This , never seen the point of buying anything fake.

I didn't intend getting a fake, but the quality is decent and they make good beaters - I don't have to worry about it getting bashed around at work. Like everything, each to his own.

buying fake stuff IMO is a waste of money, it'll never be real and what you gonna say if someone says 'is that a real -------?' and it might only work for 6 months

If you really want something save up and buy 2nd hand maybe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.