Watching Hughes on SSN worries me

bluemoon27 said:
mancboy123 said:
What worried me was that at 2 0 both elano and sturridge came over to bench asking for direction and he had nothing, no ideas, he just backed away from both of them, its easy enough to blame the payers but when the players are asking you and you have no ideas then you have to shoulder some yourself

noticed that myself,elano and sturridge had a little spat again and elano went to leslie and said somethin and got no reaction back from him and sturridge went to bowen who never got much reaction either,to me the coaching staff just dont seem to have a clue
It was right in front of the press as well, so embarrassing. Hughes had told Elano 5 minutes earlier, to play more advanced, this left the right back to go unmarked on a run which is why Sturridge got involved. Hughes just didnt know what to do.

mancboy123 said:
What worried me was that at 2 0 both elano and sturridge came over to bench asking for direction and he had nothing, no ideas, he just backed away from both of them, its easy enough to blame the payers but when the players are asking you and you have no ideas then you have to shoulder some yourself

Hang on, 2 professional footballers (one a brazilian international) approach a manager asking for direction when they are 2-0 down against a lower league team!??

That is a fuckin disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves. They've played the game long enough (with the exception of Studge maybe) to know how to play the game. What they hell did they want Hughes to say!?

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
mancboy123 said:

Hang on, 2 professional footballers (one a brazilian international) approach a manager asking for direction when they are 2-0 down against a lower league team!??

That is a fuckin disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves. They've played the game long enough (with the exception of Studge maybe) to know how to play the game. What they hell did they want Hughes to say!?
Perhaps they expected some direction, a gameplan? They must be crazy expecting things like that from a football manager.

mancboy123 said:

At one stage also, he had his hands out in front of him. Well if you haven't got a clue Hughes, and the players haven't, then who has?!? This worried me greatly, as your observation did for you!

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
mancboy123 said:

OK, I'll try and explain what happened again for you...
Hughes brought Sturridge in from the left to play alongside Caiceido at half time
When Hamann came on, he told Elano to play more advanced (thumbs up from Elano - he understood)
The Forest right back got the ball and went upfield without anyone tracking back
Sturridge got annoyed with Elano for not going with the right back
But Elano was only following orders and argument started
Hughes sat on his arse and didn't know what to do
Elano was brought back to his original position so he could look after runs from the right back
Sturridge was now happy.
The fans and the press couldn't quite believe what they were seeing.

biffa said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:

OK, I'll try and explain what happened again for you...
Hughes brought Sturridge in from the left to play alongside Caiceido at half time
When Hamann came on, he told Elano to play more advanced (thumbs up from Elano - he understood)
The Forest right back got the ball and went upfield without anyone tracking back
Sturridge got annoyed with Elano for not going with the right back
But Elano was only following orders and argument started
Hughes sat on his arse and didn't know what to do
Elano was brought back to his original position so he could look after runs from the right back
Sturridge was now happy.
The fans and the press couldn't quite believe what they were seeing.

Thanks Biffa, saved me typing it ;o) - i sit in good spot to have seen what was going on and you summarized it perfectly.

the element that confused me was that Hughes had told Elano to play behind the strikers, elano and studge have a slanging match, then when elano goes over to hughes to clarify it looked to me as if hughes was saying "no worries, just get on with the game" and then elano goes and plays left midfield.......so pretty much implying that studge decides the tactics and positions!!!!

bizarre to say the least.

I have a simple question for all those that think Hughes is a good manager: Why is it week in week out he has a bench of both Hamann and Fernandes what has to happen that you are going to use 2 DM players as subs in a game?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I have a simple question for all those that think Hughes is a good manager: Why is it week in week out he has a bench of both Hamann and Fernandes what has to happen that you are going to use 2 DM players as subs in a game?
Absolutely right. Surely Vlad Weiss should have been on the bench to cover for the only wide player we had on the pitch?????

biffa said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Absolutely right. Surely Vlad Weiss should have been on the bench to cover for the only wide player we had on the pitch?????

I would have thought seeing as we normally have a CB(TBH, Onuoha), FB(Ball/Garrido), DM, F(normally Sturridge or Evans), AM? (Vassell/Elano) that it would stand to reason that the 6th outfield sub would be a wide player be it Weiss or Etuhu as you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.