Watching With or Without "Crowd Noise"

SWP's back

Not sure what the options were like in the UK or elsewhere but on Bein Sport we had the option of crowd noise being added in or not on the audio/language button.

Before kick off I told my wife I didn't want to listen with a fake crowd soundtrack and I watched the first ten minutes with the genuine audio (the odd shout and silence) and I wasn't that enamoured by the game.

I then just flicked to the "crowd noise" option and the whole experience changed and it was 100x better.

Obviously there is no replacement for real fans being at the ground but given everything that's going on and the fact that football (as much as can be) is back, it's certainly the lesser of the two evils.

Did anyone else try them both and agree or disagree?

There were two channels on sky one with one without, the noise was very irritating like Chinese torture, found it wasn't on the other channel so stuck with that one.

i had the crowd noise on the villa game for a bit,and there was a big ooooooooo when shef utd headed a ball about 15 yards wide, seemed more fifa20 than real football( canned laughter on 70s comedy shows), watched city without the crowd noise and didnt really notice no noise, so for me no fake crowds.

as for options here in the uk, sky has two channels one with and one without crowd noise.

i had the crowd noise on the villa game for a bit,and there was a big ooooooooo when shef utd headed a ball about 15 yards wide, seemed more fifa20 than real football( canned laughter on 70s comedy shows), watched city without the crowd noise and didnt really notice no noise, so for me no fake crowds.

as for options here in the uk, sky has two channels one with and one without crowd noise.
Unfortunately, no Martin Tyler isn’t an option.

Once I got a bit more immersed the crowd noise went from unsettling to actually quite nice.

What I noticed /heard was the noise having Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal at a few intervals,which is fine,,as long as when we are away from home there are City chants audible,I'm sure there will be.........

I went without crowd noise. It's like watching a training match but then again it was Arsenal anyway.

The fake sound is just too distracting for me. Watched a few Bundesliga games over the last few weeks and I spent half the time laughing at how bad it was. In the Leverkusen Vs Bayern game I kept thinking the referee was blowing his whistle.

I don't know, maybe the Premier League have done it better but I was also hoping to hear Pep shouting "fuck you" at everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.