Watching Wolves-Arsenal (Latest 0-4). City MILES behind.

Re: Watching Wolves-Arsenal (HT 0-3). City MILES behind.

Dubai Blue said:
Project said:
Excellent retort.

Altogether missing the point though. For 4 years Arsenal fans have questioned Wengers signings (and lack of), his tactics and his substitutions.
You're the one telling me I don't know what I'm on about. You assume that cos some twats on 606 questioned Wenger that every Arsenal fan felt that way. They didn't, and I know that cos a few of my mates are season ticket holders there. As I said, I'd trust Wenger to sort it out given time. However, I don't trust Hughes to do the same; I simply haven't seen ANYTHING from him that suggests he's even close to being capable of licking Arsene Wenger's shoes.

You may know a few supporters, but I live here in London surrounded by the cunts. I work with them every day. I can assure you the widespread belief was that they'd be in for a fight for 4th, let alone keep up in the chase for the title. Up until now they've questioned his transfer policy, his team selections and overall philosophy of trying to win it with kids and foreign unknowns.

Would I trust Wenger to do what he has done? Yes.. because I generally don't go onto forums asking for a manager to be sacked after a few bad results. Let alone a draw. His previous achievements and consistent ability to pick gems from abroad whilst working on a shoestring budget AND managing to stay in the top 4 says hes something special.

But as for Hughes... he's what, 45? He has yet to prove himself at the level we want to be at but at the same time hasn't done anything to rule out the possibility he can become that. What we have now is a manager who has spent a lot of money in a short space of time, and surrounded himself with quality players. By all accounts he's raised the level of professionalism around the club so now he has to figure out the right balance and get us playing like a unit. The season is but 11 games old and yet that's apparently enough to know that Hughes won't be able to do that. That's all im questioning. I'm not even saying he will... jury is still very much out but a single defeat since August says to me we are more or less going in the right direction. Things need to be tweaked for sure. Nobody is happy with 5 straight draws. But that doesn't make Hughes a shit manager. Just like Liverpools current run doesn't make Benitez a shit manager.

City 4 - Arsenal 2

City a few weeks. Arsenal a few years.

Give it time. If we could close a game out we would not be far away.

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:
You're the one telling me I don't know what I'm on about. You assume that cos some twats on 606 questioned Wenger that every Arsenal fan felt that way. They didn't, and I know that cos a few of my mates are season ticket holders there. As I said, I'd trust Wenger to sort it out given time. However, I don't trust Hughes to do the same; I simply haven't seen ANYTHING from him that suggests he's even close to being capable of licking Arsene Wenger's shoes.

You may know a few supporters, but I live here in London surrounded by the *****. I work with them every day. I can assure you the widespread belief was that they'd be in for a fight for 4th, let alone keep up in the chase for the title. Up until now they've questioned his transfer policy, his team selections and overall philosophy of trying to win it with kids and foreign unknowns.

Would I trust Wenger to do what he has done? Yes.. because I generally don't go onto forums asking for a manager to be sacked after a few bad results. Let alone a draw. His previous achievements and consistent ability to pick gems from abroad whilst working on a shoestring budget AND managing to stay in the top 4 says hes something special.

But as for Hughes... he's what, 45? He has yet to prove himself at the level we want to be at but at the same time hasn't done anything to rule out the possibility he can become that. What we have now is a manager who has spent a lot of money in a short space of time, and surrounded himself with quality players. By all accounts he's raised the level of professionalism around the club so now he has to figure out the right balance and get us playing like a unit. The season is but 11 games old and yet that's apparently enough to know that Hughes won't be able to do that. That's all im questioning. I'm not even saying he will... jury is still very much out but a single defeat since August says to me we are more or less going in the right direction. Things need to be tweaked for sure. Nobody is happy with 5 straight draws. But that doesn't make Hughes a shit manager. Just like Liverpools current run doesn't make Benitez a shit manager.
Hughes hasn't only been manager for 11 games though. His decisions were equally as baffling last year.

skybluekings said:
Just how did we beat Arsenal is beyond me. It's embarrassing to watch the Arsenal game after watching City-Burnley.
I'm really depressed and sick to my stomach from that 3-3. It'll be 2 whole weeks before we can get a chance to erase that "loss" feeling and then its away to Liverpool!

The ball movement for Arsenal is just sublime. I'm sure they haven't spent over £200m but they look like a team worth £200m.
they are a fantastic side worth pointing out though that they've had 2 deflections.a bit of luck goes a long way.

Dubai Blue said:
Project said:
You may know a few supporters, but I live here in London surrounded by the *****. I work with them every day. I can assure you the widespread belief was that they'd be in for a fight for 4th, let alone keep up in the chase for the title. Up until now they've questioned his transfer policy, his team selections and overall philosophy of trying to win it with kids and foreign unknowns.

Hughes hasn't only been manager for 11 games though. His decisions were equally as baffling last year.

The point is 11 league games in, 3 cup games and an away game in Barcelona and we've still only been beaten once, winning 9 of them. All managers do things tactically that you question. But that is not the record of a bad manager who is tactically useless.

He inherited a shambles of a club last season. And we are talking about selling and purchasing an entire squad in 12 months. I'm willing to overlook the arguments, the excuses, the blaming, the shocking away form that year if its in the name of progress. We lost roughly 1 in 2 last year, to 1 in 14 this year. We are on the right trajectory.

Freestyler said:
If we play against arsenal like we did today it will be all over after 25 minutes.

But if we play against them the way we did last time we'll stuff 'em again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.