Watford (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why so many commentators/analysts seem to constantly question our so-called 'shaky' defense. By the expected goals numbers this year we have the best defence in the league and our attack is second to the rags. Hope we play a similar lineup and grab another clean sheet.

I don't think the defence looks particularly solid at the moment. Ederson & Walker are clearly an upgrade from last year, our attacking prowess and ball retention means that the defence doesnt come under too much pressure. But I still have a sneaky feeling that there will be games when astute managers will come up with a plan to exploit the spaces we leave.

Well, on paper we are far stronger than they are. Let's make sure that we are on grass too!
Strongest available team, let them have their half an hour or so of having a go and then ramp up the press.
Get the game won by 75th minute and then rest players .
If it's correct that Taylor is the ref, expect a physical game with a card count against the silkier footballing team.

Going to be at least 12 v 11, get at them early and get the game won before alty can disrupt us.

Need to keep an eye on the big lad up front Okara he looked dangerous against the dippers.

I don't think we should get too carried away after 2 brilliant results. We need to focus on every game. Watford look well organized under the new manager and could be a tough game. If we play how we did last night then we will win. What excites me is how clinical we have been in the last few matches. Long may it continue.

Also we look so much better with 4 at the back.

I don't understand why so many commentators/analysts seem to constantly question our so-called 'shaky' defense. By the expected goals numbers this year we have the best defence in the league and our attack is second to the rags. Hope we play a similar lineup and grab another clean sheet.

Because they don't understand it. They think that Peps methodology/tactics are to ignore our defence and win 5-4 if need be, basically they think he is the Catalan Keegan. What we saw last night was how his plan is meant to be implemented........dominate the ball, the opposition cant create anything, be clinical at the other end and win 4-0.

They all used to slag Peps Barca off for not being able to defend, the classic was always "If you can get the ball, you can get at this Barca side". Well yeah but you couldn't get the ball off them and that was Peps plan.

This could be the hardest game of the season so far, but having read the Watford forum I hope we smash them. Absolute ****s of the highest, highest order. embarrassing levels of bitterness.

Same lineup as last night, but Sané in for Bernardo. He destroyed them last time and confidence will be high. 1-2.

I would like to see Sane and Sterling in this one but we have hit on a winning formula with two up top

I would go full strength again for this one with a possible move to a back three

We can then rest players for the West Brom away trip

Watford

Ederson

Danilo Stones Otamendi

Walker Fernandinho Mendy

De Bruyne Silva

Jesus Aguero

West Brom

Bravo

Danilo Stones Otamendi Mangala (who else?)

Delph

Bernado Gundogan

Sterling Jesus Sane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.