Watford (H) Post Match Thread

Good performance and Pep is correct the
Xmas schedule was horrific. The FA are utter clowns.
  1. You waste weekends with useless friendlies to help pay for Wembley Stadium.
  2. You re-arrange fixtures to suite the almighty TV companies.
  3. You don't have teams playing those geographically close to them.
That is why you end up with such a stupid congested set of fixtures, but the clubs do not want to lose TV revenue so they moan a bit but do nothing collectively to stop it.

Heard a blue on talkshite on way home saying game was boring, some poeple cant see game management yes we slowed it down second half and yes at times it was boring we all want to see city score 10 but i was impressed with the way the players just did enough to win without putting to much effort in and managing the game, totally bossing it, and conserving energy and fitness a very professional display.

Watching the way we sometimes put in what seems to be a sloppy final fifteen minutes, when the game is won, I’m pretty certain they’re all pacing it, and it wouldn’t surprise me at ll if they’d been told to do so by Pep.
More than the goals, it’s some of the approach work that astounds me. It is - yes, I’ll say it - reminiscent of the Barcelona team at their best, a few years back. The mobility off the ball means that whoever’s got it has at least two options, sometimes three. Opposition defenders simply don’t know who to watch. That’s why they went to sleep on Sterling’s first.
A couple of individual performances. People have been critical of Sané recently, but you know it’s only a matter of time (and a short one at that) before he comes and puts in a performance like that. We’re very, very demanding of our players, I find. Are we spoilt, in fact?
Otamendi: I watched his passing closely, and the plain fact is that it is astounding. By my count, his accuracy was better than Kev’s (obviously, Kev is trying far more difficult balls, but Otamendi was quite frequently playing forward passes, either angled or direct, over thirty and forty yards, and finding his man virtually every time, often setting off very dangerous counters). I just don’t understand it. I don’t get where this player has come from. I thought he was a good defender, even last year, but I saw no signs of this.
Now, having said we’re too demanding... Honestly, what on earth is up with Sergio? Is he, or is he not, carrying an injury? That perfect cross from Kev that was right onto his forehead. He’s alone, and he’s got most of the goal in front of him. No way — no wayis the Sergio of five years, or even two, years ago, missing that. He didn’t just put it past the post. He put it miles wide. He knew he hadn’t performed to his level. That’s why his celebration of his goal was very muted. I want my Kun back.

Last edited:
Honestly, what on earth is up with Sergio? Is he, or is he not, carrying an injury? That perfect cross from Kev that was right onto his forehead. He’s alone, and he’s got most of the goal in front of him. No way — no wayis the Sergio of five years, or even two, years ago, missing that. He didn’t just put it past the post. He put it miles wide. He knew he hadn’t performed to his level. That’s why his celebration of his goal was very muted. I want my Kun back.

Last edited:
3 points,just a step closer to the championship.....But I want the League Cup,also :)

City have raised the bar so high performance-wise, last night felt a bit meh. The magic was still there, but spread a bit thin, result never in doubt, but but but, ( ok nitpicking ol bastard)
Body language expert I am not, but Kun is not the player he was, seems to be carrying a weight on his shoulders , his goal celebration was very low-key.
Unlikely to be an injury i m o we are not that desperate to risk a player surely .
Champagne was a bit flat then, the league table still shows 3 points gained and that will have to do
he's proper pissed off isn't he. so would I be when I'm getting overlooked for someone half as good. he'll go soon, find his feet elsewhere, and destroy us.

Pep knows best though.

what I found piss funny was we rotate at Palace away, a very difficult place to go, then go full strength at home v a shit Watford. nice one.

I haven't had time to read all 33 pages so excuse me if this has already been said but I was so proud to be a Blue last night when they did the 'tribute' to the people who had died during 2017. The silence was impeccable. Well done everyone who was there. Thank you.

he's proper pissed off isn't he. so would I be when I'm getting overlooked for someone half as good. he'll go soon, find his feet elsewhere, and destroy us.

Pep knows best though.

what I found piss funny was we rotate at Palace away, a very difficult place to go, then go full strength at home v a shit Watford. nice one.

Haha, you're wumming again.

Who got rotated at Palace?

Stones?
Delph?
D. Silva?

Only one you could say was Sterling, but hey Bill you know best mate. Aguero has been poor for a lot of games this season, wasn't great at Newcastle last week, same last night yet he wasn't over-looked in those games or are you saying he's sulking and not playing properly because Jesus is getting starts?

Thought we were superb last night..killed the game with the early goals and just passed the ball round and saved energy after what has been a difficult period game wise.
I can't see it going down to goal difference so no need to go crazy chasing extra goals and expending energy that we don't need to.
Stones looks like he's fitting back in after his lay off and how good was it to see Merlin back.
Amazed that Kev played after that assault by Puncheon but he's a warrior.
Delph was fantastic as well and Eddie is such a class keeper.
15 points is a huge lead...happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.