Watford post match thread

Let's not lose sight of the overall premiership picture. Leicester were fortunate to get a point today and the Arse were fortunate to beat a shite Newcastle.

We're better off at the end of the day than we were at the start. Job done - lessons learnt (though less sure about this, Navas is a case in point) - so let's move onwards and upwards. The fixtures we have already played were harder than our competitors and the ones we have left yo play should be easier...

Arse, Leicester, Spuds, Manure, the other four in the top five all have to come to the Etihad, the place where the best home record in the prem resides so far this season.

Aye. Look to the future. Bring on Wednesday (the day that is).

Shit performance but a brilliant win. That last ten minutes showed why we will win this league if the players and MP step up and really try to bamboozle teams with a variety of options. Even when some of our top players are having an off-day (Silva's passing in the first half was awful for just one example) we do have some of the best players in the world who can rise to the big occasion when needed. Kun was able to take advantage of the extra space once Bony came on and what a finish from a super cross from Sagna.

And our best moments in the first half came when we started to move the ball quickly from back to front to get the Watford defenders turned towards their own goal. Not long punts upfield but sharp 30 or 40 yard passes to feet, bypassing the midfield defensive line. If Kun was fully fit he should have had at least one, if not two, goals in the first half.

And Yaya, love the big guy, but I do worry when I see him as one of a central 2 these days, he just doesn't have the legs to do both the forward and backwards for that role. Cracking finish though.

Onwards and upwards, can't wait for the first leg mid-week now.

Shit performance but a brilliant win. That last ten minutes showed why we will win this league if the players and MP step up and really try to bamboozle teams with a variety of options. Even when some of our top players are having an off-day (Silva's passing in the first half was awful for just one example) we do have some of the best players in the world who can rise to the big occasion when needed. Kun was able to take advantage of the extra space once Bony came on and what a finish from a super cross from Sagna.

And our best moments in the first half came when we started to move the ball quickly from back to front to get the Watford defenders turned towards their own goal. Not long punts upfield but sharp 30 or 40 yard passes to feet, bypassing the midfield defensive line. If Kun was fully fit he should have had at least one, if not two, goals in the first half.

And Yaya, love the big guy, but I do worry when I see him as one of a central 2 these days, he just doesn't have the legs to do both the forward and backwards for that role. Cracking finish though.

Onwards and upwards, can't wait for the first leg mid-week now.
Spot on mate

To be honest, I'd like to see us go back to that. Be on the front foot from the off cos we won't keep pulling wins out of the hat putting in performances like today.

Agree, it's what Pellegrini knows and we should use it against weaker opposition.

Hard won victory today.

We seem to play better without Kdb in the starting line up.

Is he our modern franny lee? Franny joined a team flying but then we suffered for the rest of that season!

Kdb is a great player but does he unsettle the team?

The first few games of the season when he was a sub we were flying but since he started matches we don't seem the same team especially away from home!

Only my observation and wondered if anyone else felt the same

Nope.

That was a mood changer and that should give us a huge boost. Teams which invariably win the league have many games when not playing well and still grind out a win.

Hopefully Sergio will kick on from here and another positive is that we didn't pick up any more injuries. This result could change our season.

Don't really want to to go over the top on negativity but we need to have better in-game management and whoever scouted Mangala as a defender needs shooting and to say we paid over 30 million is ludicrous. His positioning sense is shocking he is prone to giving silly free-kicks away and just looks like bambi on ice. You need some composure as a defender and try to hold your position and stand up strong, he is all over the show and with Kolorav alongside him its an obvious weak point for us.

Other than that its put me in a great mood, time to crack open another beer.

What a load of whining moaners!

Inshudder to think what this load of fannies would have said if they had been there watching City lost 4-0 at home to Grimsby or getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Shrewsbury in the mid-1960s. The ridiculous sense of entitlement really gets me down. Look at the shit that Chelsea and United fans have had to put up with this season. Mind you they are probably whining as much as the idiots on here.

City are on 39 points. One one needed before the champagne bottle is opened as far as I am concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.