Wayne Bridge last night was excellent

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I said from day one bridge would come on and he will show his best once he get's fit and has more games under his belt, i was right.

Alot of people doubted him, i didn't and i'm glad he's putting in these performances and people are saying how good he is and he's getting more fans by the week.

I've knocked the boy previously and I was well warranted doing so. I have also said the level of performance he should be looking at was the game against the Arse and to his credit he's been there or thereabouts since.

What I DON'T find acceptable are the clappers on here that claimed he was playing 'brilliantly', last season, when he so CLEARLY was not.

If he was 'brilliant' then, we must have a £60m player on our hands now, in comparison!!

He certainly seems more confident, which can only be a bonus

PowderBlue said:
supercity36 said:
looks a million times better wth bellers on the left allowing him to run forward without the fear of being raped with all the defensive qualities of robinho.... i love robinho but against top teams he makes our left flank too vulnrable

Yeah i was thinking about this. We are lacking creativity in finding the killer pass, which Robbie can provide. Stevie obviously can do this when on form (he looked good last night) I think if and when Robbie returns he should be used as an alternative for Bellers on the left or for Carlos supporting the striker, and that for the last half hour of games when the space opens up.

The way Bellers is playin, it would be criminal to drop him, Soz Robbie.
Robbie is good on the left if the opposition has a right back who wont go forward, the only other position is behind the front 2, but that is Irelandio's position,
Who would want to be a manager eh ...

Yeah, Bridge has been great and with Barry on the left hopefully we'll be stronger down that side this season. Im liking Bridge's darting runs forward as well.

Big G said:
He certainly seems more confident, which can only be a bonus

PowderBlue said:
Yeah i was thinking about this. We are lacking creativity in finding the killer pass, which Robbie can provide. Stevie obviously can do this when on form (he looked good last night) I think if and when Robbie returns he should be used as an alternative for Bellers on the left or for Carlos supporting the striker, and that for the last half hour of games when the space opens up.

The way Bellers is playin, it would be criminal to drop him, Soz Robbie.
Robbie is good on the left if the opposition has a right back who wont go forward, the only other position is behind the front 2, but that is Irelandio's position,
Who would want to be a manager eh ...

It's neither Ireland's or Robby's position. But I would choose a player who's played there internationally for several years ahead of someone who is, essentially, still learning the position. They both have similar vision, but Robinho is more deceptive with what he does with the ball, when it comes to decisions.

Danamy said:
It's no coincidence that this season he has looked a lot better with Bellers in front of him.
There striking a great partnership and understanding and long may it continue.
I don't think the partnership should be broken if it's working even on Robbie's return, i think Robbie would be good in the Tevez role if he's not performing?

The pace and fitness that both Bridgey + Bellers showed last night will concern most teams this season!!
-
Good post this imo, but he does need to cut out the hopeful hoofing and he's not the only one. Top four sides don't do that.

I'll probably be slated for this but Robbie is our best target man, the way he can trap a ball and hold on to it is only rivalled by Ade. Sure Ade wins more in the air but generally he flicks it on to nothing, if we aren't going to have players running off him then I think Robbie is our best bet. Remember the Wigan game where Dunne was sent off and he had to play as a lone striker up against Melchiot, Bramble and I thought he did great. There is no point in a player winning every ball kicked up to them if we go onto lose the second ball.

Bigga said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
I said from day one bridge would come on and he will show his best once he get's fit and has more games under his belt, i was right.

Alot of people doubted him, i didn't and i'm glad he's putting in these performances and people are saying how good he is and he's getting more fans by the week.

I've knocked the boy previously and I was well warranted doing so. I have also said the level of performance he should be looking at was the game against the Arse and to his credit he's been there or thereabouts since.

What I DON'T find acceptable are the clappers on here that claimed he was playing 'brilliantly', last season, when he so CLEARLY was not.

If he was 'brilliant' then, we must have a £60m player on our hands now, in comparison!!

Three factors from last season that have changed:

His fitness has improved from last season, he's now probs one of the fittest at City like he was at Chelsea.
The confidence to get forward and link up with play, last season he was making the runs but never getting the ball once Robbie had it as he always cut inside.
He was carrying an injury for the last 2 months of last season, the injury still flares up but not as bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.