Wayne Bridge & Santa Cruz

Agree on RSC - really poor signing. But Hughes did get it right on occasion with Zab, Kompany and De Jong which were players that remained far more committed to the club than many of Mancini's prima donnas.

I don't think Bridge was that bad. In fact I don't think defensively there's much between him and Kolorov - both were bought to defend.

jimharri said:
Yaya_Tony said:
I'm 30 and I can't remember a bigger waste of space than these 2. Anyone else?
You have a short memory then. 90%+ of the jokers that wore the shirt during the dark days of the 90's were infinitely worse than either of those two. Creaney, Bradbury, Conlon, Clough, Fat Bob, Frontzeck, etc etc.. Do I need to go on and depress myself even more?

And let's not forget Charvet Jim, along with his £600,000 severance cheque, oh dear :-S !

For me McMinimum was right up there, really did get the impression he thought he was doing us a favour, and we should be thankful.

Dirty Harry said:
For me McMinimum was right up there, really did get the impression he thought he was doing us a favour, and we should be thankful.

Agree - we tended to buy a few Liverpool players who had been put out to pasture; McMinimum, Fowler and Steve McMahon (all past their best). Dietmar Hamann did ok for us but for all of these players their heart was at Liverpool not City

sir peace frog said:
the worst one that sticks out for me was,gerry creany we swapped walshy plus cash if my memory serves me,rsc and bridge are coming off very good seasonsand shouldnt find it hard getting new clubs.

also in my opinion if bridge had been in this side he would of looked far better than he did under hughes team.

We have had some bad buys in the past at City, and we could go through an exhaustive list naming them all, however, the RSC deal was a disaster before pen was put on paper. He had a terrible injury record and we still paid Blackburn a small fortune for him and then Crockys wages were not even justified. A reported £100,000 per week was twice as much as what he was worth fully fit. and 50,000 p/w would of been double that of what he would of been on at Blackburn. It was just a wrong wrong deal. 17.5 million, and the fact he has stayed for the full term of his contract pisses me off same as Mills and Bridge. Its not just anger at RSC, but moreso Hughes who wanted him in at all cost, and Cooke and Marwood for putting together such contract.

We are very lucky that ADUG took over in that September, because if RSC would of been bought under the good Doctors reign and then we saw he didn't have the cash to back it all up, the Crocky deal would of sunk us.

I know the Ade deal was expensive, but we actually got something back on him as was with Robinho too.

A few disasters to our club have already been mentioned on here.

As for RSC, Pellegrini got him started again at Malaga. Says something about our incoming manager, no?

eversince 76 said:
A few disasters to our club have already been mentioned on here.

As for RSC, Pellegrini got him started again at Malaga. Says something about our incoming manager, no?

How do you mean got him started? 1 goal in nearly 4 games for the season - at least they kept him fit which I suppose is something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.