Wayne Bridge & Santa Cruz

Can't believe Samaras doesn't figure more in this thread - I honestly believe I could have done more at the ripe old age of 50!!

Yaya_Tony said:
I'm 30 and I can't remember a bigger waste of space than these 2. Anyone else?

I think Bridge had a good spell with City when we had players of his ilk

CC1 said:
Yaya_Tony said:

I agree,footballing wise,he's no worse than Kolarov - a very,very costly and completely unnecessary signing.

I guess it goes with the 'stability' factor though,different managers want their own.

Maybe I should have been clearer in the op, I know we've had many more useless players than both of these 2 in the past. I'd just read an article about these 2 from the BM front page. The better term would be "waste of wages", for the amount we've paid them, how much playing time have they actually had? Someone worked out a cost per minute for another player earlier in the thread, I'd love to see how these 2 compare.

In that case it has to be Vuoso, since it's actually impossible to calculate how much he cost us per minute.

Yaya_Tony said:

fair comment there, my first season ticket 1980, true i might have seen some bigger jokes on the pitch but as far as money wasting goes on, think wayne bridge tops the lot, highest paid premiership weekend golf player in the country, plus one selfish greedy c**t

CC1 said:
Yaya_Tony said:

What I can't take about Bridge is his willingness to sit on the bench and just collect his money - and not just with us - he did it with Chelsea for 3 seasons at £80K p.w. before he negotiated a pay rise to do the same with City.

For a guy that was reputably the country's second best left back for years (the more he sat on the bench watching Andy Cole every week, the better regarded he seemed to get). he seemed to have no real ambition to play at all. For this reason, although he is far from the worst player we ever signed, he is IMO one of the biggest mercenaries.

IMO its a toss up between RSC and Jo for the worst buy. Who ever signed off for those two should be a shamed at the disgusting waste of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.