Wayne Bridge

Danamy said:
frothy said:
he gets turned inside out every game, and the way he gave that corner away for no reason sums up is awareness of whats going on

Never knew players had eyes in the back of there head?
He clearly should of been told by others he had time.......if you've ever played the game you should know this?

Shay Given was actually shouting "Time!" over and over to him as the ball was coming in and he still glanced it out for a corner like a numpty and didnt seem interested when Shay tried to call him on it.

Sometimes wonder what games some of our fans watch.

Wobbly late on, but excellent first half.

LCBblue said:
No hes not, we said from the beginning though, he'll do for now.

Exactly. When Abramavich came to Chelsea they had Babayaro at left back and then signed Bridge who was a good short term solution. Then they got Ashley Cole a couple of years later.

We had Michael Ball as left back for fuck sake. Bridge is an improvement.

pardoe said:

Everyone has their own opinion , I'm not one to go calling our players , but must admit I never have any confidence when teams attack down the right hand side , Bridge doesn't look comfortable on the ball sometimes and his distribution is awful when it's easier to keep possession .

Chrisja1000 said:
pardoe said:

Everyone has their own opinion , I'm not one to go calling our players , but must admit I never have any confidence when teams attack down the right hand side , Bridge doesn't look comfortable on the ball sometimes and his distribution is awful when it's easier to keep possession .
OK going forward but often dosn't seem to realise quite how far he has to get back, both full back positions need recruiting for.

It's not hard to see why Chelsea spent forever trying to tap up Ashley Cole and sign him if these are his performances, to be honest. Decent stop-gap, yes, but one for the next two or three seasons? No fucking chance.

My biggest problem with him is that every time he gains possession, he hoofs the ball as hard as he can, usually straight to an opposing player. Now the other team has possession and is moving forward. He does it every single time he gets the ball, with no exceptions. He is totally consistent. Download this game and watch it again and keep an eye on what he does with the ball. Or the last game.

HE is the main reason that City plays longball.

Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Its very frustrating.

He can have good games, but to inconstant for me. If we do resolve the LB problems in January though i will cost quite a bit for a good left footed player that can defend. And then there's the problem of who to get, I'm not convinced there's a lot of good left backs out there.

edgecroft said:
My biggest problem with him is that every time he gains possession, he hoofs the ball as hard as he can, usually straight to an opposing player. Now the other team has possession and is moving forward. He does it every single time he gets the ball, with no exceptions. He is totally consistent. Download this game and watch it again and keep an eye on what he does with the ball. Or the last game.

HE is the main reason that City plays longball.

Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Its very frustrating.

The other thing that Bridge often appears to do when he is in possession is deliberately hit the ball at the nearest opposing player knowing the ball will go out for a throw...........its almost like he knows he cant pick out a pass so is happy to take a throw in.

For me, I would like to see Lescott and left back and Toure/Nedum in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.