We’ve no leaders.

Thaksinssoldier

Before you start, I didn’t say we’ve no world class players. That’s obvious.

But world class players and leaders are different things.

Sometimes bang average players are great leaders.

KDB, Bernardo, Kun...all world class. None are leaders.

Silva? Give over. No leader passes backwards like Wednesday.

This is the underlying problem we have. Kompany left. Delph left.

Yes Delph. Bang average player, but more than able to keep pushing players strings and keep them focused.

Sane injured.

Is Sane a leader? I would say so. He leads by example and has stepped up in many big games when others, mentioned above have hidden.

This problem is now obvious.

We need leaders to inspire the world class players we have, because they can’t lead.

Before you start, I didn’t say we’ve no world class players. That’s obvious.

But world class players and leaders are different things.

Sometimes bang average players are great leaders.

KDB, Bernardo, Kun...all world class. None are leaders.

Silva? Give over. No leader passes backwards like Wednesday.

This is the underlying problem we have. Kompany left. Delph left.

Yes Delph. Bang average player, but more than able to keep pushing players strings and keep them focused.

Sane injured.

Is Sane a leader? I would say so. He leads by example and has stepped up in many big games when others, mentioned above have hidden.

This problem is now obvious.

We need leaders to inspire the world class players we have, because they can’t lead.
I agreed with you until you said Sane was a leader - he's probably our most petulant player.

Bit crazy how overrated Sane is on this forum. Very good player, but not world class and inconsistent. He is certainly not a leader. Pep goes ballistic at him at times.

Bit crazy how overrated Sane is on this forum. Very good player, but not world class and inconsistent. He is certainly not a leader. Pep goes ballistic at him at times.
When you aren't playing well, the players injured or on the bench suddenly become the next Messi. Look how world class Paul Pogba becomes every time he's injured and that lot are losing.

A few questioning me on him, I’d suggest going back and watching his games vs Liverpool.

Literally the only player to stand up and be held accountable in those games.

Not all leaders smile and rally the crowd. Some are petulant.

In American Football Terrell Owens was one of the best leaders I’ve ever seen. No one liked him. Why? Because he went mental when players wouldn’t match his standards.

He played a Super Bowl with a broken leg. His teammates bottled it.

I don’t have an issue with those kind of leaders. I’d class Sane as one of those.

“Not all heroes wear capes”

Fernandinho at a pinch. We didn't totally collapse during the Spurs game.

Said it to all my mates after the 2-2 at Spurs at the start of this season that we were all gonna really wish that we'd replaced Kompany with either a defender of similar quality or a leader of similar quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.