We all need to be like the fonz, and what was the fonz....?

chanceathefarpost

Correctamundo. Cool as....

Like all other blues, I am hugely disappointed at the recent events at the top of the league but we all need to just take a moment and chill.

This is not the time for pointing fingers at Mancini, the FA, the referees, Balotelli, Tevez or anything else. Clear heads and minds required. The remaining games are hugely important and we need to start focussing on getting maximum points from these games regardless of where it takes us. The early season form was built upon the fabulous way we finished the previous season, winning the cup but perhaps more tellingly, absolutely destroying Arsenal for 3rd place. They were in disarray which they didn't recover from for the first part of this season; we cannot afford for that to happen to us for the 2012/13 campaign.

Now, as much as it hurts, as a club and set of fans, we need to play this situation in a classy way. If utd win the league - fair play to them (through gritted teeth), let them crow, and enjoy their moment. No snide comments about 'agendas and corruption' no matter how damning the evidence. Our day is coming. Unquestionably.

Should they win the league before the derby, I would even get our boys to give them a guard of honour for the game - WHAT?!!! YOU MUST BE A RAG!!!! etc....

But let it happen. Let that feeling eat away at our boys all summer. Let the first question at pre-season be 'Is that still hurting boys?'. If the answer to the question is no, you know immediately who needs to leave. However, if you can see the hurt in the player's eyes.... that is the sort of motivation that even Sheik Mansour cannot buy. When channelled effectively, that hurt could be the difference next season. We have those characters in the dressing room: Joe, Micah, Zaba, Lescott, Vinny, Yaya, Silva, Kun etc... they will all feel that pain. Why? Because they're winners.

This season has been a success, no matter what the media will have you believe. I was initially worried we would do a spurs, and fail to qualify for the champs league - that we have achieved this at a canter is a tribute to the players and management. The point total thus far is hugely impressive and the home form has been unreal. This blue's glass is definitely half-full.

I think as fans, we have become so sucked into the whole title race, media war - 'he said that, that referee did this' that we've lost a bit of our identity about who we are. Blues shouldn't be fighting with each other at matches for Christ's sake - what is that all about?! It doesn't mean we have to be happy with crap all the time but we're still learning how to be winners, without resorting to behaving in the arrogant manner which defines our neighbours.

Remember, we are Manchester City. When the rest of football was throwing punches and darts, we brought inflatable bananas and made people laugh; when they said we would roll over and die, we achieved successive promotions on increased attendances; when they put up 5 minutes of added time, we scored two - and still went to penalties; when they laughed at Kaka turning us down, we went and got Silva, Yaya, Kun. When the chips are down..... we can always be counted on. Always.
Sing your hearts out tonight blues, make it a party. Let's have fun again.....

laserblue said:
the fonz was a lecherous middle aged man with an unhealthy interest in schoolgirls.

and his best mates were a ginger an idiot and a geek, Norris would look cool with mates like that

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Fucking come on city!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.