We are not that bad really..

S04 said:
AntiUnited said:
but how many are in the starting 11.. thats my biggest worry. its all good developing but if they aint making your own teams 11 its kinda defeats the point.

Once it was like that I guess.. Nowadays having academies producing players for other clubs are a very nice little earner, not only because you get a sum for them if selling but also because every transfer later in their career will give you a slice I think?

Exactly. These are the figures from Europe as a whole. Some surprising teams in there, but I bet they all get close to covering the running costs of their academies with the players they sell. You might uncover the odd Messi along the way, but your Glenn Whelans and Stephen Irelands pay the bills!

xcvt4x.png

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
spezial said:
aguero93:20 said:
Whelan scapuzzi Westwood guidetti sturridge Ireland missing one.

Scapuzzi in Serie B so wouldn't count

Guidetti was at City when the report was done, so he would be one of the three with Richards and Lopes.

Add in the great paddy Macarthy

...and Curtis Obeng!

spezial said:

Guidetti was at City when the report was done, so he would be one of the three with Richards and Lopes.
Richards would count, my 3 at the club were him hart and boyata though, lopes hasn't been here for 3 years, maybe guidetti instead of hart?

spezial said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
spezial said:

Add in the great paddy Macarthy

...and Curtis Obeng!

Curtis is the son of one of my pals, sadly he hasn't kicked a ball in vain since moving to Swansea 2 years ago, he's off to France by all accounts this window!!!!

S04 said:
At developing players for the five big leagues in Europe that is..

BefvCoeCQAEcVnN.jpg

More like damned by faint praise. We've had more youth products in prison than in European competition.

spezial said:

Richards would count, my 3 at the club were him hart and boyata though, lopes hasn't been here for 3 years, maybe guidetti instead of hart?

Hart came from Shrewsbury if I remember. So Richards, Boyata, Guidetti

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.