we can win the league!

Just posted this on another thread, but it has just as much relevance here....

After the start we had and the players we bought in the summer I posted on here that there is no logical reason why we couldn't win every single domestic trophy.

I grimaced when thinking about that post over the last couple of months but now I'm back on board. There is no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for the Title and it's refreshing to hear Mancini saying the same thing.

Even when we were going through our tricky spell, I stuck to my belief that we have the second best squad in the league and only Chelsea's is better. Now we are well placed, on form again, and that Chelsea squad is to be severely depleted by the ACN without Ancelotti going into the transfer market. The loss of Drogba, even for such a relatively short period of time, could turn the season on its head.

Like the man says, now is not the time to look at the table, let's just keep winning and see where we are in two months. I for one am confident we will be firmly in the Top 4 in two months time and, with a bit of luck and a lot of quality, could be neck and neck with United. Then it could get REALLY interesting.

Typical City giddiness on my part? Maybe, but I think there's substance to it than that. I have no doubt we will finish Top 4, but that may not be the end of the story.

Godfather said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
no..but we can go awfully close.
If we are 5/6 points behind the eventual winners its a job well done.

If we end up 5 or 6 points behind the champions it will have been an AMAZING season!

If we end up five or six points behind the champions, Hughes will have a lot to answer for!

Not another easy jibe, it would be a statement of fact based on some poor results, and Mancini's ability to get the same squad of players playing out of their skins on a amazingly consistent basis.

Win the league your having a laugh ill be happy with 6th this year going by our crappy performances

Xavvi said:
No we fucking can't. Can we please have some calm here? One step at a time, nice and easy as you like. Was Rome built in a day? No. It took time, then kind of fell apart. You look at the successful CL teams of the last few years and they're projects; teams that have been built carefully. That's why Real Madrid will never win it with that wanker Perez running their club and we'll never do what we want with the attitude of some people here.

Seriously, feet on the ground everyone!

Just look at them! They didn´t win a single thing last time they were buying galacticos or did they?

treves said:
Win the league your having a laugh ill be happy with 6th this year going by our crappy performances
so sat and last night was "crappy"was it,,,,,,,,,,,,RAG

whp.blue said:
yes we can and I have been saying so all season that this should have been the aim and this was the season to do it!

the league has probably never been weaker

I didn't feel all that enthusiastic about Chelski's come back yesterday because had they lost , we would now be seven points behind them with a game in hand and still half a season to go. And they, like most of the others in the Flop Four, seem fairly adamant that there won't be any significant additions in the January window. I'm also not convinced that Chelski and the Rags, with their ageing squads, (particularly Chelski) can be guaranteed significant improvement over the next half of the season, particularly when you consider their Chimps League commitments. What a pity Arsenal don't have this problem, though.

Xavvi said:
No we fucking can't. Can we please have some calm here? One step at a time, nice and easy as you like. Was Rome built in a day? No. It took time, then kind of fell apart. You look at the successful CL teams of the last few years and they're projects; teams that have been built carefully. That's why Real Madrid will never win it with that wanker Perez running their club and we'll never do what we want with the attitude of some people here.

Seriously, feet on the ground everyone!

Go and tell Mancini to be calm, then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.