We have all fell for it

Ramdothy said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Every single story in football comes with its own ready-written script - written at the start of the season. CFC, MANUre, the Arse or BinDippers will win everything. As the season transpires and the true tale of the season unfolds some of the tale is rewritten. Hacks are choking that their hobby horse isn't living up to expectations and they begin their attempt to rubbish the efforts of others, undermine their season, and, this is the usual bit, fabricate stories to embellish their pre-written efforts. It won't change until the OldTopFour have been completely split asunder. And then the same hacks will give it a season or two and suggest that the NewTopFour is just a blip.

Get yer info from the official site. The only time I will begin to believe half the tales starting on SSN is when I see them on the OS.

i agreed, sometimes SSN make a mistake, like Flamini deal
i will believe only official
Only sometimes?? They kept banging on about Robbie going to Barca even after Barca said they weren't interested. Last couple of years SSN has become as bad as the tabloid press for it's rumours and "our sources"

Just made the mistake of loking at the Sun this morning and read some of the stories. There's an agenda behind all of them (remember the Sun is owned by the same company that own Sky)

1) Story about how the Glazers have cost the rags £54m over the bond issue.

Agenda? Sky want the Glazers out and the probable motive is that Sky own part of MUTV and presumably would like the Glazers to sell up either so they can buy into the club or else because the Glazers threaten their virtual monopoly over the Premier League & CL broadcasting by wanting to sell media rights directly.
Or it could simply be something the Sun are good at which is opportunistically jumping on a rolling band-wagon. They weren't this vocal six months ago.

2) A story saying that the FA Cup has lost its allure with far more watching the first leg of our semi than watched the FA Cup final.

Agenda? Sky don't have the TV rights to the FA Cup but do have to the Carling Cup therefore would rather talk that competition up.

3) The story about Ratface saying they didn't deserve to lose last Tuesday. At the bottom of that story there's a piece by the writer (their chief football journalist Steve Howard) telling United fans to put aside their differences over Glazer and go on to beat City & Arsenal (no bias there then) then carry on the anti-Glazer fight.

Agenda? As well as talking up one of their most valuable assets (i.e. the rags) they also carry on the anti-Glazer theme.

SSN have become an absolute joke they don't even do rudimentary fact checking before running a story. Last week they we're running a piece on shirt sponsorships which said that Barcelona had agreed a deal with Turkish Air to sponsor their shirts.

This seemed very strange to me seeing as the last time Barca tried to bring in a shirt sponsor their fans went nuts and this time I hadn't heard a peep about it so I decided to have a bit of a google and check it out. All I could find were news stories reporting that Barca had signed a sponsorship deal with Turkish Air to be their official carrier, nothing at all to do with shirts.

It took me about 5 minutes to check this out, surely SSN should be doing the same before running a story for 6 hours straight. They have absolutely no journalistic standards whatsoever and I wouldn't believe a thing I hear on it any more. The vast majority of what they report is bullshit and shit stirring designed to generate interest in Sky Sports products. It is one long infomercial not a news station.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just made the mistake of loking at the Sun this morning and read some of the stories. There's an agenda behind all of them (remember the Sun is owned by the same company that own Sky)

1) Story about how the Glazers have cost the rags £54m over the bond issue.

Agenda? Sky want the Glazers out and the probable motive is that Sky own part of MUTV and presumably would like the Glazers to sell up either so they can buy into the club or else because the Glazers threaten their virtual monopoly over the Premier League & CL broadcasting by wanting to sell media rights directly.
Or it could simply be something the Sun are good at which is opportunistically jumping on a rolling band-wagon. They weren't this vocal six months ago.

2) A story saying that the FA Cup has lost its allure with far more watching the first leg of our semi than watched the FA Cup final.

Agenda? Sky don't have the TV rights to the FA Cup but do have to the Carling Cup therefore would rather talk that competition up.

3) The story about Ratface saying they didn't deserve to lose last Tuesday. At the bottom of that story there's a piece by the writer (their chief football journalist Steve Howard) telling United fans to put aside their differences over Glazer and go on to beat City & Arsenal (no bias there then) then carry on the anti-Glazer fight.

Agenda? As well as talking up one of their most valuable assets (i.e. the rags) they also carry on the anti-Glazer theme.

Good post mate like i said they want to destabilize city so robbie an easy target due to him being out of form and we payed big money for him you dont see the same shit being written about berbaflop do you and he's been absolute gash for the scum.

They hardly ever do research unless they need to spice up a story. But as far as I am concerned there is no logic/common sense reason for Robbi to get loaded onto Santos. Reason, easy. Not sure how much Robbi is paid but lets assume £100k a week. Santos stars get a tenth of that because there is no money in South American football. So if he went who pays him? If Santos cannot it would have to be City! Would you let a quality player go when you were still paying £90k a week for them? You may as well keep them even if they warm the bench for 70 minutes of each game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.