We have also qualified for this- 2025 FIFA Club World Cup!

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling

As is usual the Champions League winners qualify for the Club World Cup held in the same year, a maximum of 2 games for us as we enter at the semi-final stage. However, our win in Istanbul has already also qualified us for the 2025 tournament.

If FIFA gets its way, 2023 is the last time this tournament will be held annually, with the next being planned during June and July in 2025 and will then be held every 4 years, with 32 teams taking part. Proposals are yet to be agreed so it may never happen, but if it does it will create chaos with our domestic calendar, and players facing burn out with Euros, expanded World Cups and now proposed summer Club World Cups.

Read more from the Wikipedia page here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2025_FIFA_Club_World_Cup

I’d rather watch this than international tournaments. It’s only every four years n’all.

I also think it will challenge any ideas for a Super League as this will be quite a big deal and should hopefully spread some wealth to other continents.

I like the idea.

I’d rather watch this than international tournaments. It’s only every four years n’all.

I also think it will challenge any ideas for a Super League as this will be quite a big deal and should hopefully spread some wealth to other continents.

I like the idea.

Yes a proper club World Cup, unlike the shite it is now!

As a fan base we should be against this and the proposed changes to the CL. Designed yet again to give the history boys a chance to stay relevant when they shouldn't be involved and wouldn't if it was based on merit.

However, whilst I don't like the CL changes, I do quite like the idea of a proper club world cup. It just doesn't work with the calendar and as UEFA aren't running it I would imagine they continue to oppose FIFA on this.

Yes a proper club World Cup, unlike the shite it is now!
It’s not shite now. I’m looking forward to playing in it in December, and hopefully winning it.

I’d like to play an Argentinian side in the final. Boca Juniors, Racing and Argentinos Juniors are all still in the Copa Libertadores.

The idea that it’s shite only comes from jealous fans of other clubs trying to belittle it because a team they don’t like are playing in it. Happens with the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup and EFL Cup n’all.

It’s not shite now. I’m looking forward to playing in it in December, and hopefully winning it.

I’d like to play an Argentinian side in the final. Boca Juniors, Racing and Argentinos Juniors are all still in the Copa Libertadores.

The idea that it’s shite only comes from jealous fans of other clubs trying to belittle it because a team they don’t like are playing in it. Happens with the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup and EFL Cup n’all.
Agreed

Let’s face it we can’t be considered a great side until we’ve won this. And the interplanetary shield.
We've already won the Interplanetary Shield. Sort of.
Obviously City, as the best team in the land and all the world, represented Earth, and Napoli represented Mars as it said so on their shirts. The last fixtures were in 2017 and we won 2-1 and 4-2 therefore winning the Interplanetary shield 6-3 on aggregate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.