We have also qualified for this- 2025 FIFA Club World Cup!

It’s not shite now. I’m looking forward to playing in it in December, and hopefully winning it.

I’d like to play an Argentinian side in the final. Boca Juniors, Racing and Argentinos Juniors are all still in the Copa Libertadores.

The idea that it’s shite only comes from jealous fans of other clubs trying to belittle it because a team they don’t like are playing in it. Happens with the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup and EFL Cup n’all.
Playing 2 games is hardly a World Cup is it.
Just a glorified Community Shield imo.
I’m all for the 32 team format every 4 years though.

As a fan base we should be against this and the proposed changes to the CL. Designed yet again to give the history boys a chance to stay relevant when they shouldn't be involved and wouldn't if it was based on merit.

However, whilst I don't like the CL changes, I do quite like the idea of a proper club world cup. It just doesn't work with the calendar and as UEFA aren't running it I would imagine they continue to oppose FIFA on this.
Unless they change the format, it won't benefit the 'history clubs' though?

Let’s face it we can’t be considered a great side until we’ve won this. And the interplanetary shield.
'The Interplanetary Shield'? That would be pretty low on our list of priorities.. such a 'nebula-s' competition.. (all right, all right.. I'll get me coat..)

Send the EDS with a few CFG players to add experience, they'll enjoy it. The senior squad have too many bloody games to deal with already.

Unless they change the format, it won't benefit the 'history clubs' though?

It does because 4 slots are for CL winners and then another 8 go to the top 8 eligible in the coefficient. If you look at the coefficient now, and how high points are for a good run in the Europa. The current system is all about who has won something, not about who might have won it 6 years ago, lost the Europa League final and made quarter finals in a few seasons.

*Note - just see there's a restriction on 2 clubs per association so happily along with Chelsea we've kept the dippers and rags out for now.

It does because 4 slots are for CL winners and then another 8 go to the top 8 eligible in the coefficient. If you look at the coefficient now, and how high points are for a good run in the Europa. The current system is all about who has won something, not about who might have won it 6 years ago, lost the Europa League final and made quarter finals in a few seasons.

*Note - just see there's a restriction on 2 clubs per association so happily along with Chelsea we've kept the dippers and rags out for now.
Yep, 2 clubs per association unless 3 or 4 of the previous 4 winners are from the same association.

They're gonna have to duct tape poor Kev together for him to play in this.
I have my doubts he'll still be with us in two years' time. He'll be 32 on the 28th of this month. And it's a high intensity, high pressing game we play under Pep. Not sure how 34 year old legs would do, playing that style of football. And that's not taking into account the injuries he's been picking up in the last couple of seasons. The older you are, the longer it takes to recover from them.

Can’t see the greedy incompetent wankers at FIFA not giving extra places to get some historic big names in there. Can almost guarantee the Rag, Dippers, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, Milan clubs be given wildcards if they’ve not earned their place.

David Gill sits on both UEFA and FIFA boards, no way the rags don’t get in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.