We have arrived on the global stage

simonk said:
selling them in Kefalonia last year.
Every time we passed the shop we'd re-arrange the rack so the city top was most visible.
Small pleasures

I go to Malaysia a few times a year with work. Last year I went through some markets with a colleague and did the same thing at each of the shirt stalls. Rag shirts were always displayed at the front. By the time i'd finished they were all city shirts (when they had them).My colleague didn't really see the funny side.

The copies in Malaysia can be quite good lately.

Actually going to KL this weekend and have tickets to the match against Malaysia XI on Monday night. I will check out the new rip off range as I'm sure City shirts will now be in abundant supply, and displayed up front.

BlueHerts said:
You think that's global?

Pfft.

I live and work darn sarf and this is the first season I have seen our shirts for sale and on prominant display in; Stevenage JJB Sports, Stansted Airport JD Sports and (my personal favourite) Inverness Street Market in Camden. Not only that but on holiday in Goa (which is glory hunter central, sample quote; I love Arsenal and Chelsea best) I saw 3 rip off City shirts being worn and plenty available in Anjuna Market. I didn't know whether to feel nauseous or delighted, so I opted to consider my feelings over beer though this never helped me attain any kind of consensus on the matter it does show we are getting noticed. When airport departure shops sell your gear in London its because there is a market from tourists, I think we are bigger than we acknowledge.

I've recently seen City shirts in heathrow terminal3 departures. In HK airport & Shanghai airport.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 pm --<br /><br />
dayvo said:
Couldn't find a better thread to put this; Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol...

5284e79b-c5dd-3df9.jpg

However to put it in perspective haven't seen a rag shirt anywhere!!!

WTF is that?

On an Oasis DVD I've got there is a bit of it where they're in Japan or somewhere and there's loads of people with City shirts on in the crowd. This was probably from nearly ten ears ago when we were nothing to be excited about in any way.

I have recently returned from Bosnia and Montenegro and there are City shirts everywhere. In Sarajevo everyone wanted to talk about City. In Montenegro they know football, know Savic, like Kolarov but still reply with Vidic when asked where you are from..What do they know, they are mainly obsessed with Djokovic & tennis.

The markets in Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Macedonia & Albania are littered with City shirts, Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero, BAlotelli and Hart seem to be the shirt of choice. Saw a Hart 1 on home shirt in Sarande. I was going to buy it no matter the cot, but thought I'd leave it there like a endangered animal left in the wild for more to see.

Sarajevo however is obsessed with City, and loved me because I was a City fan and liked Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.