We Need A leader On The Pitch

rickmcfc

There have been a lot of periods in games throughout this season where we have been crying out for someone to take lead on the pitch. All of the top 5 sides in the country have a member, or members of the squad who take a lead, we have non what so ever.

United have ferdinand, vidic, scholes, giggs who will be screaming orders and ensuring that they all know what they should be doing.

Chelsea have terry, lampard, cole and drogba

Arsenal have fabregas, van persie

Liverpool have carragher, gerrard

City have, well non really.

Carlos is the captain and his job is to sort out the team on the pitch. Be ensuring people are doing there jobs properly and when needed, issuing a bollocking to those who are falling below par. Before Carlos we had Toure who never even raised his voice, again we had no natural leader on the pitch. So, who in our side could be this leader? In the list above all the teams/players mentioned they have been at the club for a long time, and give it all for their club. The last player city had in this role was Richard Dunne, but he has now gone and passed and has never been replaced in terms of a leader on the pitch. For me there is always one player who will give it his all no matter if we are playing Notts county or Barcelona - and that is De Jong. We need the Roy Keane/ Patrick Vieira (10 years ago not the one today) who can take lead, and who the players can look up to and to an extent be worried if they mess up. I think this has been a major downfall of us of recent, and certainly this year at times. Anyone agree?

Yep De Jong always looks like a leader and possibly Vinny. Mancini's decision to hand it to carlos was more out of appeasment than anything else. The idea being that Carlos leads by the way he plays. De Jong would be more vocal in the areas needed i.e: defence and M/F.

Tevez is a poor choice for captain imo,as said,i believe it was more to do with politics than anything else.

Kompany is the man for the job and he should perform the role playing,alongside his deputy - DJ - in our midfield.
Maybe we can address all those issues in the summer.....

I may have to don the tin hat here,however,i am slowly beginning to wonder if Tevez's presence is actually doing the team more harm than good,that sounds ridiculous given his workrate and,more importantly,his goals but i just feel,as a team,we would gel significantly better without him,and other players would fit much better into the system we play.
I say this very reluctantly as,along with Kompany,he is an idol,however,i have to look at the bigger picture.

City are full of leaders:

Hart, K.Toure, Y Toure, De Jong, Kompany, Tevez, Milner and Richards

I don't recognise the team half of you are watching. Seems some of you have a real downer on the team. We just need to give players like Balotelli, Dzeko and Boateng time

Marvin said:
City are full of leaders:

Hart, K.Toure, Y Toure, De Jong, Kompany, Tevez, Milner and Richards

I don't recognise the team half of you are watching. Seems some of you have a real downer on the team. We just need to give players like Balotelli, Dzeko and Boateng time
Agreed.

Just start counting from the defence and yet to go on to other departments, found at least 4 leaders if not more already!

Kolo - Former Arsenal Captain
Zabaleta - Former Argentina U-20 World Cup Champion Captain
Given - Republic of Ireland Captain
Onuoha - Former England U-21 captain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.