We really MUST not concede first tonight!

BusterPhillips

It will be very hard to get 3pnts tonight if Wigan score 1st. As a team we are not set up to control the game and probe for openers, we rely on pace and flair to beat a man and create a chance - we don't have a Modric or a Fabregas that will unlock a defence whilst keeping position. We need a play maker to create a chance against teams that sit back, which we don't have, what tends to happen is teams sit deep and the balls just go into the box and cleared out easily due to superior numbers of the opponents.

Wigan will sit back and soak up pressure, break our play up and if need be concede good fouls to stop us getting chances.

We've got a dreadfull record against Wigan, I really want us to control the game and score a couple just to keep the hacks off our back - I think the fans, manager and player need a confident performance to take into the Burnley game.

Com'on City!

Thankfully I haven't been overdramatic thus far and deemed us 'out of the race for 4th'. Tonight though, I am going to lay my cards on the table and say if we don't win, then we have neither the form or the character (YET!) to catch Tottenham.

The only thing they have on us is their form. Player for player, we are (marginally?) better, we have more money, we have better fans (if not a tad dramatic at times) and we definitely have greater potential for the future but right here right now, they are playing better football and tonight is, in my opinion, make or break time for that fourth spot.

Then again, if we do win, I might be saying this all again next week!

I think we have shown on more than one occasion that if we concede first we can still pull out a result, especially at home. Aslong as we start with a quick tempo and don't make any silly mistakes at the back, we should get the 3 points providing we dont concede more than 2.

Blue Coop said:
I think we have shown on more than one occasion that if we concede first we can still pull out a result, especially at home. Aslong as we start with a quick tempo and don't make any silly mistakes at the back, we should get the 3 points providing we dont concede more than 2.
If we concede more than 2, this place will go into nuclear meltdown come 10 o'clock tonight.

we said that when we played chelsea home and away, and united at home in the semi

It doesn't matter at if we concede first or not. What is important is the result. We have come from behind to win a number of times this season. We could do with some points tonight, 3 would be great. 1 wouldn't be the end of our challenge for 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.