We should all be ashamed!

Ajay said:
The negativity on this forum is unbearable!

We should all sit back and read what is being posted and reflect on what other people think of us and our club when they read the crap we say about ourselves!

Talk about the squad not having a winning mentality - more so it is the supporters who do not have a winning or supportive mentality!

Negativity breeds Negativity!

We where there behind our club through some tough times, much tougher than we currently face but some posts on here sound like it is the end of the world and MH is the Anti-Christ!

Well I said it before and I will say it again - we must have faith, we must support and we must cheer our squad and our manager rather than act like a bunch of school kids, I was horrified when I heard the chants at the WB game - actually disgusted is a better description!

There are no excuses for those chants - maybe our boys didn't start it but we certainly carried it through!

Please - remember who we are, why we support our club and the fact that we are entering a new chapter in our life - a solid positive move that will take time!

Cheers

CORRECT
most of the posters on here are only kids and would moan if they dont have something to moan about, the older posters should know better and need to take a long hard look at themselves and what they want

we all wanted euro football back in the darker days of the last 10 years however when we have it we cant even fill half the stadium, the booing of our own players over the last few months leaves me lost for words, all those who boo their own players and last week sang about MH getting the sack are not city fans, they have turned into everything we hate about united fans and how they demand success, we are just the same now, what was noted as being some of the best fans in the land have turned into laughed at and hated figures

WHEN we do get the balance right on this new team/chapter/project its a shame these tools will be part of it, they dont deserve the glory that is ahead and waits us

city 5 hull 0 FACT

Thankyou ajay for your post and blueman for your response but we currently live in a society that wants everything immediately, there is no such thing as take your time anymore. Blueman, we have always aired our opinions before, during and at the end of games when we feel there is someone within the club either not pulling their weight or not performing to our high standards.
Ajay, I agree with what you are saying but the current feeling of unrest with supporters is for many reasons. The fans who want Hughes out because he is a 'rag' are wrong, in my opinion, as I believe Hughes wants success as much as anyone with this club and would love to rub it in Sir Alexs' and Utds' faces. The problem is that City fans have never let our club down, the players haven't all let the club down (some haven't played as well as they could) and the managers haven't let the club down. We have had some very good managers and some big names but it hasn't always worked out. The real reason we have not had success in recent years is because of so called City fans in the boardroom and shareholders, ego maniacs.
The current regime will bring success to this club because it is in their nature, success is a by-product for these people, not just because they have an abundance of cash. The problem for many is that we have this new regime in place and a talented squad, admittedly not all MH aquisitions, and the football is dour. I have always thought of City, regardless of the quality within the playing squad, as being an attacking minded club attemping to play attractive attacking football. The games against Utd and Everton recently were so devoid of excitement I wanted to cry.
I believe Mark Hughes will get it right, as far as results go, and we'll soon climb the table and I admit some of the posts/comments on this site range from moronic to flights of fancy but it is a very sad day if Manchester City fans, regardless of how over the top, angry, manic, frustrated, stupid and ignorant others might think they are that they cannot air their views on a Manchester City forum because fans of other clubs or people within our own club might view them.
That would be a very sad day.

A sensible post Ajay - good man.

What our club needs now, and what many of the posters on this forum seem to lack, is composure.

When the bullets are flying and things seems to be going wrong at every turn, I for one am glad that we seem to have a manager and (perhaps more importantly) owners who stick to the plan and don't push the panic button.

The doom and gloom merchants will always surface when things don't go our way, but it's vital that those associated with the club (and that includes the main body of the fans) avoid hysteria and stay cool under pressure. It's fine to be disappointed and even angry at times, but let's keep the big picture in mind.

Rome wasn't built in a day - and if you look at the position that our beloved club are in currently, especially when compared to other PL clubs and/or ourselves at any point in the last 30+ years ..... I for one have every reason to be cheerful.

Happy Christmas, and here's to an exciting 2009 and beyond!

why should anyone be ashamed, if you log on to another teams forum they are exactly like ours after we get beat, in other words,they are venting their anger on a forum, try looking at red issue when utd have lost, if you can bring yourself to do it...

Sorry, Ajay, I enjoy reading your posts and see them as both informative and considered at times.

However, I honestly believe that this is as low as it gets.

If there is one sort of statement that riles me its those that see the deliverer attempting to paint themselves as 'more loyal' or as 'a bigger blue' than others. And thats what this sort of 'just shut up and blindly follow the team' message stinks of to me.

It stunk of it when people were saying the same thing about the doomed Shinawatra regime and it stinks of it now.

To suggest that people with another point of view to yours should temper their opinion just because you personally feel it will be better for the club is arrogance beyond belief. Who's to say that you, with your trust in the manager and belief that he is going to turn things around is not the one who is doing long term damage to the club. I'm sure when Alan Ball was the manager there were people spouting the same line about just supporting the club whilst others felt he should go before Christmas. I suppose 'the moaners' were proved to be correct on that one whilst the 'shut up and support' brigade got there way and were proved incorrect.

Why is it so hard to understand that this could be the case in many situations, possibly including this one? (That's not to say that I believe it is but I support anyones right to voice what they belive is best for the club and will not support them being silenced just because some delicate flowers like to wrap themselves in the cliched 'this is how good football fans behave', 'we are true fans' rhetoric.)

I cannot buy this assumption that not voicing negative views is always the positive thing for the club and anyone with any notion of history can drag up numerous examples of when clubs would have benefitted from more negative opinions about a situation being voiced, just as you can drag up opposite examples.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I note that on the first few pages it is moomba coming in for criticism for being one of the so called 'negative' voices. Now, I know for a fact that he was certainly more in the 'happy clapper' camp than the 'doom monger' camp when the arguments about Shinawatra dominated here during last season. Therefore its totally unfair and arrogant to brand him as some sort of morbid poster just because he might take a different view on the abilities and prospects whilst Hughes remains as manager. He has a view on the situation and it happens to be different to your. So what?

In fact, the evidence so far would seem to be stacking up in his favour. Who knows whether he or you will be right in the long term but who has the right to tell him to silence his views just because they might embarrass some more delicate people.

The club is currently woefully below any reasonable expectations this season and, if reports from numerous sources are to be believed, riven with splits in the camp. Any reasonable person with any basic grasp of human behaviour must surely realise that there is going to be significant criticism in the face of this.

In fact, if you take a look at the threads on here then you will see that there are alos a huge amount of threads that are just as repetative as the 'negative' ones with their constant calls to 'give him time' or 'get behind him'.

Some, like this one, are eloquently put, others are cliched nonsense. In that respect they mirror the so-called negative ones. Some of them are well argued and intelligent. Some are total bollocks and by idiots who have nothing more to contribute than 'Hughes out, rag twat'.

That's the nature of the public. Some are intelligent, some are idiots. However I know for a fact that there is not some sort of correlation towards one view or another in terms of intelligence (or even in terms of 'support for the club'). People just differ on their opinion as to whether keeping Hughes will be the better option for the club or not and their are shrewd people and idiots on both sides.

This is the biggest issue facing the club at the moment. At present the management team is failing dramatically by the only measurement that counts for anything - the league table. It staggers me that people can honestly believe or suggest that debate on that matter should not completely dominate this board in that situation.

Finally, if you really are so concerned about how others club's fans view City then I would view that as evidence of this ridiculous oneupmanship that stupid fans all over the country get involved in, desperate to somehow prove this daft notion that one set of fans is 'better' than another and taking it as a personal afront if anyone suggests otherwise.

To be so concerned about the views of other fans is both childish and ridiculous imo.

Saying all that, as I have begun by saying, I really like your usual stuff so none of the above is personal.

JMA...

Everything I wanted to say but felt that I couldn't. Well done mate.

strange post to say we should be ashamed

if youd have said embaressed and concerned about our relagation battle and that it why their is negativity, then fair enough

I would not say those who are ignoring our current situation, give time etc are embarassing either. Its the general situation we are in that raises strong opinions.

moomba said:
Ashamed for having an opinion an expressing it on a discussion board?

FFS. I'd be more ashamed if we became mindless clones who can't utter a word without consulting the MCFC supporters rulebook.

When the team and manager stop underperforming the negativity will stop, while they keep underperforming it won't.

Spot on Moomba

Ajay you should be ashamed of being someone who won't tolerate debate or discussion. I reserve the right not to follow you in your blind optimism and happy march towards the Championship

Danielmanc said:
moomba said:
Ashamed for having an opinion an expressing it on a discussion board?

FFS. I'd be more ashamed if we became mindless clones who can't utter a word without consulting the MCFC supporters rulebook.

When the team and manager stop underperforming the negativity will stop, while they keep underperforming it won't.

Spot on Moomba

Ajay you should be ashamed of being someone who won't tolerate debate or discussion. I reserve the right not to follow you in your blind optimism and happy march towards the Championship

Accepted and noted but where did I say that I do not tolerate debate or discussion?

Also where did I say I am a bigger fan then everyone else?

This is a great forum for debate but at the same time to see 90% of the posts being negative gets a little too much - all I said was can we stop some of the real nonsense on here and keep our debates based on constructive criticism.

I respect everyone comments on here and enjoy reading the intelligent threads, I am also very thick skinned and do not take any comments made as personal but accept them as part of this threads debate.

Thanks everyone for their contribution and I hope to give you all an update tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.