We were lucky today

larderland

is what the press and other team supporters are saying,EXCUSE ME!!we hit the bar TWICE,gilks made a wonder save from adam johnson in the first half and how tevez missed that chance before half time is beyond me,we had better if not more chances than blackpool who were the home team who were playing for their lives to get one over on the 'rich kids',great result boys

Thank you, we are our own worst enemy sometimes, let the media do the slagging.
It was always going to be a game like that, we were too much for them in the end, it was a hard game, we looked so much better shape wise when Silva came on, it was his introduction that made the difference in the end, he is QUALITY

larderland said:
is what the press and other team supporters are saying,EXCUSE ME!!we hit the bar TWICE,gilks made a wonder save from adam johnson in the first half and how tevez missed that chance before half time is beyond me,we had better if not more chances than blackpool who were the home team who were playing for their lives to get one over on the 'rich kids',great result boys

By the same token we had a goal that was arguably offside, They had a goal disallowed for what was arguably onside, Cambell missed a chance that even Santa Cruz would have scored, Our second goal could have been given a foul....

depends how you look at it

I was saying it at half time to my mate, yes they played well but they had 0 attempts on target at half-time, we had 3. Told my mate they'll tire around 70th minute its alright pressing teams like us but when you tire we can pass them off the park and put a quality player like Silva on and we'll score... What happened? ;)

There were elements of luck about us today , DJ Cambell could have easily scored and Taylor Fletcher could have been classes as onside so from that you could say we were lucky . But we have something that not many teams do and that is quality . We started off poor , couldn't get a grip then Silvaq comes on and this man has bags and bags of quality. He changed the game and once again Mancini showed how well he can read a game as his substitutions were again inspired . We , a few years ago under that blackpool pressure would have played like typical city and lost by 2, 3 goals . But now we have something about us , that winning mentality , no matter how badly we are playing we know we can win the game and that is what we have gone and done again . This is what the top teams have been doing for a long time now we posess that quality to beat teams when based upon the performance we shouldn't . We we lucky maybe , but when trying to have success you need an element of luck but the 3 goals we scored were not in anyway lucky they were of quality . Now I am starting to believe that we can push for the title , we can overtake the rags and finally have the success we deserved . Well done today boys as it isn't easy to go to a team with such high confidence but once again we have come out on top , CTID

claims

1st goal offside?

i thought not. if my eyes didnt deceive me when they showed that digital line feature on a freezeframe, tevez's feet were behind the last planted leg of that defense when the ball was played. again, if my eyes are true, it was because tevez was leaning more towards the front than the defender was what made the offside illusion.

2nd goal a foul?

i'd say 50/50. some will call it, some wont. we had several decisions in the same game that were like so. minor clips of the feet. the only difference was we had one great player who played for the ball and scored. if i take off my blue tint specs i'd call it a foul. but the clip was minor and unintentional so it is a given.

the result is all that counts and the league table does not lie

:-)

playing badly and winning at the top of the table is an attribute of, err, dare I say it......

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
larderland said:

By the same token we had a goal that was arguably offside, They had a goal disallowed for what was arguably onside, Cambell missed a chance that even Santa Cruz would have scored, Our second goal could have been given a foul....

Their disallowed goal came from the ref not giving Ade a blatant foul against him...

Hey..shit happens eh... City are shit then. :)

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
larderland said:

Not to mention their second goal was offside

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.