We were unlucky to play Spurs yesterday....

GStar said:
No excuses from us now, we've paid to be in the big time, nothing will wash.

Spurs are a quality side at the moment, whether it was 1st or last game of the season, it would be a tough game.
Why would we need excuses when we got a point at Spurs? Possibly only Utd and Chelsea away would be more difficult.

Despite Hansen's comments seemed to me that 3 midfielders, and the 2 centre-backs defended well largely restricting Spurs to long distance shots. The 3 up front didn't really work, but AJ did well coming on as sub.

EddH said:
EddH said:
HOw did United, Chelsea and Arsenal do away at spurs last season?

Just looked - they all won!!!!

I think time will sort everything out!

Chelsea & Arsenal both lost there last year, how can you not remember that?

I think we would have struggled whoever we played.

So to get Spurs away out of the way and leave with a point is a positive IMO

samharris said:
EddH said:
HOw did United, Chelsea and Arsenal do away at spurs last season?

Chelsea lost Arsenal lost ..the scum...couldnt care less.. (they won) barsterds.

Ok I must have got it wrong (i had them all winning), the point is we have to be doing equal or better than them.

0-0 beats a 3-0 hammering!

We played the same spurs team as we did in may , if our team had the time that they had pre season we very well could have turned them over. Most of their team were fully fit as the majority didnt go to the world cup and I think we did brilliantly considering it was the second full game they have played together . That spurs team played together all last season to leave with a point and a clean sheet is a great achievement , something arsenal , liverpool and chelsea did not do last season

EddH said:
As they were all fully fit, we had not had chance to gel, and spurs had not played too many games...

Come the middle of the season they will have played too many games, and the usual players will be injured.

Basically I dont recon we need to worry about them by the end of the season, and they probably wont finish up as high as last season.

Us on the other hand have strenght in depth, and should finish higher than last season.

Also at the end of the day we have a better result than the same fixture last season- result!

Spurs success was built on the strength of their squad last season, and they haven't sold anybody during the summer.

Everton and Villa have weak squads, so I doubt they will be troubling the top four, but when you look at the Spurs bench yesterday you have to admit there is a lot of strength in depth... they will be there or thereabouts again this season. Not to mention that the man of the match from the game there last season - Niko Kranjcar - couldn't even get a place on their bench yesterday.

Blue Elmo said:
We played the same spurs team as we did in may , if our team had the time that they had pre season we very well could have turned them over. Most of their team were fully fit as the majority didnt go to the world cup and I think we did brilliantly considering it was the second full game they have played together . That spurs team played together all last season to leave with a point and a clean sheet is a great achievement , something arsenal , liverpool and chelsea did not do last season

8 of the Spurs team yesterday were at the WC.

A point at Spurs is a good result, its all about results and that was a good point away from home with some new signings against a very settled Spurs side.

Blue Elmo said:
Most of their team were fully fit as the majority didnt go to the world cup

According to match of the day,Spurs had 10 players at the world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.