We will never win back to back titles

We were written off last year and we've been written off this year. Lets hope the outcome is the same.

McfcMK said:
We were written off last year and we've been written off this year. Lets hope the outcome is the same.
Fuck hoping for it. We as a club have to fight for it and want it, even as supporters - we still play our part. I'm optimistic that we will do it this year.

Johnsonontheleft said:
2011/2012: We make signings like Aguero, and we win the league in the last minute.

2012/2013: Players relax, motivation fades, signings we make are generally mediocre. Top players leave eg Tevez. Our main rival makes a marquee signing (RVP) and have added hunger to win the league.

2013/14: Renewed hunger, new manager, top signings in Fernandinho, Negredo, Navas, Demichelis, Jovetic. Main rivals don't strengthen sufficiently. Motivation back and we win the league.

2014/15: Players relax, motivation fades. Signings are average and we let top players go again (Negredo). Maybe influenced by FFP. Our main rival strengthen significantly (Costa & Fabregas).

I feel like we're only at our best in alternate seasons when the hunger and desire to win returns. I guess this is human nature. Not just the players - this is also reflected in what goes on behind the scenes too with transfers.

Has anyone else picked up on this pattern?

no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.