Weak in mind, body and soul

Whether just press speculation or not, I need to know who the two 'unnamed players' are....

Who went to cook to complain?

I think we will know when we see who is totally left out of the squad next up. I doubt it will be any surprise.

As to who was laughing in the shower? Just stupid gossip I expect. Bullshit filler for a journo who knows a lot less than he's implying he does.

The problem I have with this is that Hughes seems intent on recreating the "Blackburn spirit" but I doubt that's enough to get us into the top 6 never mind the top 4. Does he realise that "in yer face" football can only take a club so far, that to progress to the level that the owners want he needs to be able to man-manage the more fragile egos that often go with top-class players?

projectriver said:
This is so obviously true, accurate and leaked. Ladyman has close contacts. Makes you wonder exactly what Hughes would have done had the Arabs not bought the club and given him a way of making the wholesale changes he wants.
Exactly what I was thinking. No other club has spent or will spend as much money as us, does this mean Hughes needs to spend £200m to be successful?

mammutly said:
Whether just press speculation or not, I need to know who the two 'unnamed players' are....

I think we will know when we see who is totally left out of the squad next up. I doubt it will be any surprise.

As to who was laughing in the shower? Just stupid gossip I expect. Bullshit filler for a journo who knows a lot less than he's implying he does.

I think you are probably right, but a player laughing who had a big hand in the fuck ups....Micah or Didi....

biffa said:
projectriver said:
This is so obviously true, accurate and leaked. Ladyman has close contacts. Makes you wonder exactly what Hughes would have done had the Arabs not bought the club and given him a way of making the wholesale changes he wants.
Exactly what I was thinking. No other club has spent or will spend as much money as us, does this mean Hughes needs to spend £200m to be successful?

Horses for courses....he may have not been so harsh with some players if the money wasn't there.

Who knows.

mammutly said:

As to who was laughing in the shower? Just stupid gossip I expect.
Bullshit filler for a journo who knows a lot less than he's implying he does.
Or hughes taking any opportunity to publicly blame others for his lack of ability to inspire or command respect, fucking weasel.

lancs blue said:
The problem I have with this is that Hughes seems intent on recreating the "Blackburn spirit" but I doubt that's enough to get us into the top 6 never mind the top 4. Does he realise that "in yer face" football can only take a club so far, that to progress to the level that the owners want he needs to be able to man-manage the more fragile egos that often go with top-class players?

You think? This is where people go very wrong. All of the top 4 except maybe Arsenal have the "Blackburn spirit" in spades. They probably have more of it than Blackburn, in fact. They also have great quality. That combination is what wins trophies. This is what Hughes is trying to create - you know, skill AND a desire to win.

And to be fair, none of the players who stand accused of being feckless, lazy, incompetent and lacking will to win are what I would call 'top class', so why should he be man-managing their "fragile egos"? City have only 3 top class players at most - Robinho, Ireland and SWP. No difficulties with any of them. No, the real problem is the players in the team who are not top class but act as if they were. (And the dross - TBH, Gelson, Hamann etc)

lancs blue said:

You think? This is where people go very wrong. All of the top 4 except maybe Arsenal have the "Blackburn spirit" in spades. They probably have more of it than Blackburn, in fact. They also have great quality. That combination is what wins trophies. This is what Hughes is trying to create - you know, skill AND a desire to win.

And to be fair, none of the players who stand accused of being feckless, lazy, incompetent and lacking will to win are what I would call 'top class', so why should he be man-managing their "fragile egos"? City have only 3 top class players at most - Robinho, Ireland and SWP. No difficulties with any of them. No, the real problem is the players in the team who are not top class but act as if they were. (And the dross - TBH, Gelson, Hamann etc)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.