Weak Players

Hughesey212 said:
Carl_Man_City said:
the manager should have been able to identify players in the summer who weren't good enough

I feel he got rid of players who he knew dont have the mental state to be winners and I agree with them all (apart from Bellers but we need to understand he did not get on well with the manager and his methods and his age which older than it might usually be due to bad injuries had an impact). The remaining players he either possibly could not sell or felt they deserved a chance.

But he can't keep making mistakes like this. Any of Chelsea Man U Arsenal or Tottenham would have wiped the floor with them no matter what team they put out

same old chestnut mancini interview but its normal to get beat its normal
to be shite its normal to get beat by more shite its normal to get the sack joker

[/quote]But he can't keep making mistakes like this. Any of Chelsea Man U Arsenal or Tottenham would have wiped the floor with them no matter what team they put out[/quote]

These teams have not been transformed pretty much overnight in terms of success like ours. People forget Spurs won competitions, competition finals and finished in the top 5 even before Harry came in so are well in advance of our situation.

But he can't keep making mistakes like this. Any of Chelsea Man U Arsenal or Tottenham would have wiped the floor with them no matter what team they put out[/quote]

These teams have not been transformed pretty much overnight in terms of success like ours. People forget Spurs won competitions, competition finals and finished in the top 5 even before Harry came in so are well in advance of our situation.[/quote]

That doesn't matter that team he put out was a very average eleven. None of those teams i mentioned would have taken a attacking mid off for a defender in that position. The subs in his last 2 games have been a disgrace

Carl_Man_City said:
Hughesey212 said:
Totally agree. Although I believe we have some players who could leave as they are not of even a good enough standard of technique e.g. Micah, Lescott, SWP and Bridge. Their touch and pass for the modern game when you compare them to Vinnie, Silva, Tev and Nige does not remotely compare. Give RM time and his methods of mentality and his own players we will go places, the man is a born winner.

how long can we afford to give though? The start to this season really is not good enough.

We were 2nd a couple of weeks ago. Blimey you don't want much do you mate ? if you're going to make an argument against Mancini this isn't the best way of going about it.

Back to the weak players bit. These 4 are the standout weak players. Hopefully with time they will be moved on.

redmizzle said:
Bang on. Its quite unfortunate because i was beginning to feel quite proud of the ''English core'' we are gathering but it seems most of these weak players are homegrown as well. Richards, Bridge and SWP. Lescott and Barry don't really fill me with confidence either.
I'm sure Mancini would wanted more top top class players in every position regardless of nationality, but from the sounds of Cook and Marwood constantly emphasized on the thing like 'We're making English football better, we're not destroyer', with this thing sticky in the management's minds, I think that came the answer why Mancini must keep this "English core'' in the squad even if he already knew that some of these players haven't got the ability to push us forward.

citymad said:
Carl_Man_City said:
how long can we afford to give though? The start to this season really is not good enough.

We were 2nd a couple of weeks ago. Blimey you don't want much do you mate ? if you're going to make an argument against Mancini this isn't the best way of going about it.

Back to the weak players bit. These 4 are the standout weak players. Hopefully with time they will be moved on.

I do not want mancini out but I was really disappointed with his team selection (SWP FFS) sorry but he seems to have lost it which is a shame becuse I used to love watching him but he really hasn't put in a performance for months. I also was not happy with him playing Shay. I know I will get slaughtered for this but he is not and never has been good enough ( yes I have said it before and yes nearly everyone has disagreed with me) OK the goal of the back of the attackers head was unlucky but PAY ATTENTION, he could have got it if he was concentrating on the play.

The team tonight, well the selection wasn't great no. But the fact is the players let us down tonight. The effort wasn't there from most of them. There are the exceptions chiefly in my book and once again David Silva. SWP, Lescott, Bridge, Micah. Weak links and it showed tonight. I forgot to add Viera to that.

We cannot play our first string side every match though. Not with matches coming as thick and fast as they are. And frankly we should have STILL beat them with the team we fielded if ours didn't have folks running at half speed looking disinterested.

If we get rid of every manager after one year for not living up to the expectations of fans then we will forever be a club mired in mediocrity. Money or no.

I would also like to add, he was a bit behind it being first game back and all but it was really nice to see Kolarov on the pitch in action.

Bash the English lads if you want but YaYa has been indisciplined and largely crap, Adebayor is mediocre at best. SWP has turned into a bloody awful player, god only knows what's happened to him, Richards is just a lost cause!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.