Wealdstone FC for the Charity Shield

Wealdstone Mark said:
Cheers for the kind words boys.

Yesterday was wierd. We had 250 booked in as well as an email from one of the travel operators that deal with United saying that there could be many many more ticketless fans coming down to watch the game. No one showed which cost us a good few quid for disco, barbeque, extra staff and so on - so lesson learned there. Keep it blue.

My paranoia gets me thinking it was possibly a wind-up as its been publicised that City had such a good time with us.

Looking forward to seeing you in August.
We're dead handy for QPR (20 mins down the Central line to White City) and Chelsea (35 mins down the Piccadilly line to Earls Court), so when the fixture lists come out we'll see. If we were home the same day time that you were in London we'd try and move our ko time so you could do both games.

Anyway cheers again, got the Swans coming tomorrow. They'll show.

Stayed in Harrow for the semi, but stopped off at Wealdstone for the final. Couldnt fault it, didnt get ripped off with the beer.

Yes, Wealdstone were legends, cheap beer, good food, friendly and a great laugh. Can't wait to go there again, they are like us, proper football fans.

Wealdstone Mark said:
Cheers for the kind words boys.

Yesterday was wierd. We had 250 booked in as well as an email from one of the travel operators that deal with United saying that there could be many many more ticketless fans coming down to watch the game. No one showed which cost us a good few quid for disco, barbeque, extra staff and so on - so lesson learned there. Keep it blue.

My paranoia gets me thinking it was possibly a wind-up as its been publicised that City had such a good time with us.

Looking forward to seeing you in August.
We're dead handy for QPR (20 mins down the Central line to White City) and Chelsea (35 mins down the Piccadilly line to Earls Court), so when the fixture lists come out we'll see. If we were home the same day time that you were in London we'd try and move our ko time so you could do both games.

Anyway cheers again, got the Swans coming tomorrow. They'll show.

Re your Paranoia I wouldnt be too shocked if thats what happened - most of them have a small penis and no girlfriends so it eases the pain to poop on people more blessed than they are.

Back to the art of supporting your club,in the 80s I used to come down to London and a few of us would go to The Guiness Club at Hanger Lane and there was a guy in there who had something to do with your club I think,quite high up in the organisation at the time.

Excuse my ignorance but is it the same club that Vinny Jones played at as he always went on about that?!

Could well be Ray Corner. I think he was the vice presidents chairmen back then and worked for Guinness. He told you he was high up did he? Got to love him. Still a Stones stalwart in his 70s.

Yeah, Vinnie Jones, Stuart Pearce ...massive 25 year gap... Jermaine Beckford. All nutters who started with us.

Wealdstone Mark said:
Could well be Ray Corner. I think he was the vice presidents chairmen back then and worked for Guinness. He told you he was high up did he? Got to love him. Still a Stones stalwart in his 70s.

Yeah, Vinnie Jones, Stuart Pearce ...massive 25 year gap... Jermaine Beckford. All nutters who started with us.

That's the man!Don't think he was saying he was high up,think I assumed it'

My mate was called Phil T and Ray would probably remember him as we all went in there before every City London game.

Hope to get down there in May,get Psycho to put in an appearance,think he did ok at City (we didnt have a pot to piss in)and brought in Joe Hart!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.