Wealthy City Help Financially Struggling Oldham - China Report in 1933

Think it was under Keegan, who insisted they kept all the gate money amd City fans were throwing money into buckets being passed around too at Boundary Park
Not the first time City fans threw coins towards the pitch at Boundary Park but we’d best not talk about that.

I remember going to Boundary Park as a kid when they were trying to raise money to install floodlights. At half time they had people walking around the touchlines carrying blankets for the crowd to throw coins in. It was unbelievable, with money whizzing down the terraces towards said bedsheets. Could you imagine that nowadays ?
Mind you, the dippers still do it at the Etihad, but for different reasons.

Played them & Stockport in friendlies a few times to help them out and had very little thanks from either set of fans.
Remember them beating us in a pre season friendly around 2010 at Boundary Park. I remember Santa Cruz playing

Sad inbreds did a celebratory pitch invasion at the end and were celebrating outside like they’d won the league

Imagine how big a club we’d’ve been and support we’d’ve had over the decades if we hadn’t backed United to not be voted out of the Football League and helped out Oldham in the 1930s.

I remember going to Boundary Park as a kid when they were trying to raise money to install floodlights. At half time they had people walking around the touchlines carrying blankets for the crowd to throw coins in. It was unbelievable, with money whizzing down the terraces towards said bedsheets. Could you imagine that nowadays ?
Mind you, the dippers still do it at the Etihad, but for different reasons.
They used to do that at Hyde Road at Benefit/Testimonial games too.

I sometimes wish every pre season. We always play a local club like Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Bolton, Wigan, Huddersfield (Similar distance to Wigan). Salford not included for several reasons.

I think it's better for football in general when smaller local clubs play each other more in pre season. Also better for supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.