Weather Watch: Newcastle Away (UPDATED Xmas Day)

johnny on the spot

I live about 400 yards from St James' Park and will post daily updates in here, hope it's useful. It might also be good if anyone gets any travel info to pop it in here as well. Jots x

21/12/2010. Midday: About half an inch of snow on the ground, overcast. Icy, but roads mostly clear. Local public transport busy but running ok. Max temp -2C.

22/12/2010. 10:30am: Not much change. Still half to 1 inch of snow on ground, very light dusting overnight. Temperatures below freezing. Refuse collectors having no trouble getting through, local public transport doing ok. Roads clear.
UPDATE: Slight flurries Weds afternoon, but it isn't sticking.

Christmas Eve: Sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! Snow on the ground, same as.

Christmas Day: Beautiful but freezing cold. Not a snowflake in the air but about half an inch on the ground. Main roads perfectly clear, side roads a bit icy. Looking great.

EDIT: Outlook:

Weds: Light snow, -1.
Thu: White cloud, -2
Fri: Sunny, -2
Sat: Light snow shower, -1
Sun: SUNNY :) -1

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10?area=NE2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10?area=NE2</a>

Re: Weather Watch: Newcastle Away

Can you make sure the lift works in our stand, last time i went i couldnt speak for 2 hours after reaching the top, and as for vertigo

Coming up on Wednesday, it's -15 here at night... how cold up there?

johnny on the spot said:
Blue Smarties said:
Coming up on Wednesday, it's -15 here at night... how cold up there?

Getting on for -17 mate.
I could literally cry right now. Chances are I'll have frost bite after tonight's antics anyway so I probably won't feel the cold tomorrow night!

am making the journey on wednesday meself, with a quick stop off in york on the way for family, and a duvet in the boot so i dont die.

Wheres good for a pint beforehand on boxing day for those of us not on a coach?

Tragic meat van guy said:
am making the journey on wednesday meself, with a quick stop off in york on the way for family, and a duvet in the boot so i dont die.

Wheres good for a pint beforehand on boxing day for those of us not on a coach?

As Shiers says, the Hotspur's not a bad boozer and is handily placed in the centre of town, about 10mins walk from SJP. The Geordies are a pretty friendly bunch and as long as we behave we should have a good laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.