Weaver

dw7 said:
what game

He took about 5 minutes to take a goal kick... the Charlton fans were booing to fuck. Also I recall him making a few great saves that day.

Bluemoon115 said:
I'd have him as 3rd choice if Hart goes out on loan.

I wouldn't.

Never go back, look at Dickov, Pearce brought him back and he was gash, and that's doing him a service.

Even as 3rd choice you'd want better than Weaver currently is, Schmeichel is better than Weaver currently is so it would be a backward step.

Matty said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I wouldn't.

Never go back, look at Dickov, Pearce brought him back and he was gash, and that's doing him a service.

Even as 3rd choice you'd want better than Weaver currently is, Schmeichel is better than Weaver currently is so it would be a backward step.

I meant if we were to assume that Hart was to go out on loan, and Kasper was to leave (which he apparently wants), then get a better, well established keeper as backup for Given, then have Weaver behind him.

Ultimately, if he ain't capable of playing in the Prem these days then it's not worth having him back as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice keeper. That may be a bit harsh on a City legend, but we can't compromise the squad for sentimentality's sake.

Matty said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I wouldn't.

I never tire of reading a "never go back" post!
For every Dickov there's an SWP.

He did not succeed because he didn't have the commitment, simple as that - complete waste of talent

I saw him in Beech Road Chippy, fair play everyone allowed a treat but I thought WTF !

Mate also spotted him at Republic in Sheffield off his tits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.