Wedding shenanigans

Cellarite

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
Team supported
Manchester City
After 22 years, me and the mother of my children have agreed to take the plunge later this year.

She’s finding it hilarious that in drink, I’ve somehow asked four different mates to be my best man so far. I’ve had some awkward, back pedalling conversations recently and could only come up with the solution of the role being a team effort.

Have my fellow bluemooners fucked up on their big days in any way?

Lol, my brother just announced about his best man duties on my wedding when I asked my partner. Stuff been put on hold a short while due to other personal stuff going on. I hadn't intended asking him and I was going to ask my best mate. I still need to have to conversation

my mate got married the other day
his best man was to nervous to do the speech
I had an hour to prepare mine and do one for him

After 22 years, me and the mother of my children have agreed to take the plunge later this year.

She’s finding it hilarious that in drink, I’ve somehow asked four different mates to be my best man so far. I’ve had some awkward, back pedalling conversations recently and could only come up with the solution of the role being a team effort.

I can see how this happened. You’ve only had 22 years to figure out who you wanted.

Anyroad congratulations mate

yes ,got married :)

my mate got married the other day
his best man was to nervous to do the speech
I had an hour to prepare mine and do one for him

A couple of bits of that fuck awful rhyming slang and finish it off with enjoy the jellied eels. You don’t have to be Shakespeare to pull of a cockney wedding speech

I can see how this happened. You’ve only had 22 years to figure out who you wanted.

Anyroad congratulations mate
Cheers. The problem is that I'm a happy drinker.

I didn't think for a second that the best mate I grew up with would want to do it and I hadn't seen him for a long time. I've moved away from Manchester 22 years ago so don't really see a lot of him. Therefore, I spoke to two lads I work with and go away with about it because I couldn't pick between them.

After this, I was in Manchester and my best mate contacted me and said he'd nip out for a few. As soon as I saw him, the years disappeared and I realised he should've been my only consideration. I was pissed and asked him in an emotional man hug near Piccadilly.

A couple that we are really close with became the next problem. Mike came to mine to watch football one night when my missus was out. I told him the situation and that he'd always have been a consideration but I couldn't look past a lad I've known since I was 3. Mike understood, told me I'd made the right decision and we moved on. I asked him not to tell his missus Nikki that we were getting married until we saw her.

On Boxing Day, we were all together and had sunk a good number of drinks. We set up the moment and told Nikki we'd arranged to get married. In her excitement, Nikki shrieked "And I bet Mike is your best man isn't he?"

Now - I should've calmed the situation and told her me and Mike had been over this and that he understood. However, not wanting to kill the atmosphere and in a moment of euphoria, I shouted "Of course he is!" and man hugged Mike.

My missus thinks its the funniest thing.

We were having a few beers last night and she chuckled and said "Why don't you put your phone out of reach in case you accidently text someone to ask them about being another best man?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.