Weekend Prem Games Discussion thread

samharris said:
Right then, on that performance who thinks that they will win the title ??

I dont,in fact the Champions league could be well out of their reach too.

On that performance... No not a chance.

On that level of yet more flukey luck and getting a win when they barely even desrved a draw... then the titles already theirs.

samharris said:

Charity Shield and first 30 mins today, they'll win it at a canter, the rest of the game today WBA were on top for large parts but Utd came out with the win, something in the opening weekend that Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all failed to do.

Lets not go mad either way after Monday night but Utd are favourites at this moment, and probably rightly so imo.

They got the job done and despite it being only just, if we finish above United this season then I think we win the league. They are the team to beat.

great weekend so far for us i reckon.

Arse look weak/dodgy again - their big signing Gervinho another Robbie in the making, and wenger is going to trip over his pride royally.
chelsea in a re-build phase, although Torres looks better.
Dippers - Adam not up to the pace of a top 6 team, weak at the back, Saurez will fade out and carrol is an expensive carthorse.
rags - Cleverley average (may become a good player in the future), vidic/wio out for a bit, De Gea another Gomez. Nani doesnt look happy. oh and shrek's fake hair is receding, there's gonna be confusion when they play norwich and BF is 70 this year hehe.

GStar said:
samharris said:

Charity Shield and first 30 mins today, they'll win it at a canter, the rest of the game today WBA were on top for large parts but Utd came out with the win, something in the opening weekend that Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all failed to do.

Lets not go mad either way after Monday night but Utd are favourites at this moment, and probably rightly so imo.

Winning away in the premiership has become very difficult. Oddly enough the top three really struggled last year, only managing a handful of wins between them at the top-half teams. Stoke and Newcastle are stronger than WBA, so I think the results don't really indicate any change in the overall trend or the strength of the individual clubs.

You could say that Utd only need four more away wins to match last season but it's hardly an improvement, as they won the same fixture with the same scoreline.

City should have a bit more firepower this time around, two or three 0-0s and 1-1s should turn into wins.... and I can't see Chelsea going on such a bad run... so I'd expect both teams to get more points than last year. Utd had some luck last year but look liable to get around the same total. I really think there is nothing between the top three.

Arsenal are going to be very interesting. Wenger has clearly revised the tactical plan, they look more solid but lack some of the creativity. Personally I think it will take some time before they adapt, but with another striker and creative player, they could come very strong in the second half of the season.

What was (possibly) interesting was the fact that we didn't have a deep CM in that game; Anderson and Cleverley's positions were quite far up, considering they played in a midfield 2.

AW03b_QCMAAeTjL.jpg

23 and 8, for those who weren't aware.

Not a great performance, but a game that I'm happy to get out of the way with 3 points. I think West Brom will stay up - 15th or so, maybe higher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.