Weird signing that we DID make:

mcfc-mark said:
irishben said:
viera

Bellamy

Both did a good job for us in their own way I thought?

yes they did, but Viera was supposedly past it when we signed him, and People including me thought Bellamy was not enough for the price and where we were going, both turned out to be decent though

Carl Shutt. It was weird as in 'really? We've sunk this low now?!'. That's what I thought anyway, sat with hand firmly in hands as we were getting drubbed again by god knows who. We got him from Brum if I recall, (yes Birmingham who were in the 3rd division at that point), and he'd scored about 2 goals in a year.
Christ, we were shit.

simonk said:
bill williams was the centre half we signed from stockport and then sold him back to them. Did he ever play for us?

We got a winger off them as well - who was he?

Stuart Lee came to us around that time

gazsmith1 said:
peter schmeichel
One of our better signings inho. For obvious reasons I never thought I would like him but he played a good season and pulled off some tremendous saves. Better with us than at Villa from what I remember. His kid was a pretty good keeper as well but was never going to keep Joe Hart and Given out of the team.

Robbie Fowler & Steve McManaman!!! I mean WHY??? Fowler was fat and unfit and had more interest in eating pies and buying houses than scoring goals and McManaman whose legs had already gone at Real Madrid. Can't say that they improved the squad very much, just a nice pay day courtesy of their pal Keegan.

Blue and Proud said:
Robbie Fowler & Steve McManaman!!! I mean WHY??? Fowler was fat and unfit and had more interest in eating pies and buying houses than scoring goals and McManaman whose legs had already gone at Real Madrid. Can't say that they improved the squad very much, just a nice pay day courtesy of their pal Keegan.
Fowler, when being shown around the training ground, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. That, to me, should have had the powers that be pulling the plug immediately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.