Weiss

LoveCity

Voted Man of the Match by most for Rangers against Valencia.

Didn't watch it myself but is our boy progressing?

Successor to Shauny as our second natural right-winger behind Johnson?

Have long had hopes for him but his progress stalled, having a standout performance against a decent team like Valencia is surely worth taking note of though.

I'm sorry mate but you'll get only like 5 responces this thread will soon be lost amongst all the none City threads and all things rooney.

I can see him staying there if they can offer decent amount for him,think we should maybe put in a buy back clause though if that's possible.
Good atmosphere and stadium of that size singing your name will maybe make him want to make the switch.

shootmeifipost10k said:
I'm sorry mate but you'll get only like 5 responces this thread will soon be lost amongst all the none City threads and all things rooney.

I can see him staying there if they can offer decent amount for him,think we should maybe put in a buy back clause though if that's possible.
Good atmosphere and stadium of that size singing your name will maybe make him want to make the switch.

A shame isn't it, people used to talk about our academy and reserves a lot more.

I don't think Weiss will stay at Rangers though. Even if we offload him, clubs in England, Spain, and Germany will be interested in such a talent. My hope though is that with standout performances like tonight, he is progressing and can at least be a squad player for us.

He was ok, stands out like a sore thumb in the Rangers team because he's the only one with a bit of flair and really genuine natural ability, but he also gave the ball away in some dangerous areas and flits in and out of games.

I think by far and away the biggest thing he needs to improve though is his movement off the ball. So often you see him just standing watching the play, not doing anything. Truly class players will be moving constantly dragging defenders around, making space for the other attackers, running into space etc. Weiss only seems to come alive when he gets the ball into feet.

It's not just tonight i've noticed that, saw the same thing in the World Cup when he played for Slovakia, spends too much time standing still. You can get away with it in the SPL or in youth/reserve football, but not when you reach the Champions League/International level, it's an area he really has to improve on if he wants to make it at the top level

First real test to see just how good he is will be this Sunday against Celtic. Dont forget he is still young this season will do him wonders. I feel he will replace SWP for next season think he will be on his way. I think he will be looking to play more games and at the moment he isnt getting a look in at the moment and will be left behind.

dannybcity said:
I'm not sure about him. He'd have to be exception to force his way into our side and at the moment I just can't see it.

He's got the talent, but he plays like he's still in the school playground. He needs to get videos of David Silva and just watch them on repeat. Doesn't play smart enough at the moment.

Was nowhere close to MOTM for the Gers tonight....either Bougherra or Davis claim that comfortably. But...he has played very well for them/us this season. Electric pace, beats players with ease, but his final ball has been average at best. Gers fans definitely want to keep him at the end of the year...he`s a young Davie Cooper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.