Welcome Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you are probably right, but Gundogan is great and would like him starting?

Yeh love Gundogan as a player. I think last season our form dropped off a bit when he came in last season as we were trying to squeeze him in, so wento to 3 at the back and it just didn't work out.

Gundogan is capable of replacing Yaya or Silva in that shape above, I'm sure he'll play plenty of games.

I think it was May before we picked the same team back to back last season, so there will be plenty of different combinations picked.

The thing that is most exciting now though is we won't see anywhere near the same level of drop off in replacements. Instead of Navas off the bench, it could be Sterling. When David Silva is not fit, instead of Delph coming in to replace him, it could be Bernado Silva.

But to keep this on thread, the biggest, most notable improvement is clearly at full back. We've now got two 6 foot athletic, fast, strong, fantastic footballers who love getting forward at full back. Mendy couldn't be more tailor made for what we need.

Sit back against us? Mendy is overlapping down the left and outnumbering your full back. Try to play us on the counter attack? Good luck trying to outpace Mendy. Want to be physical and play balls in to the back post? Good luck bullying Mendy physically. I'm really excited by this signing.

I mentioned these fanny wiping machines to a mate and he wants to get one, appreciate any info I can pass on to him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.