Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is with our spoilt fans, some may get frustrated at times with him.

We have so many technical players who never give the ball away. We take it for granted how good they are and expect all players to be like that.

Sterling wasn’t that level on a technical front and lost the ball quite often. Look how he was viewed even with his excellent stats. However he was always taking that risk. Being direct.

Haaland is our finisher. The ball won’t stick to him like glue all the time like it does with say Bernardo, Foden, Mahrez, etc.

Hopefully the goals will flow early doors and everyone will be happy.

(The pessimistic side of me, being a city fan in the 80s and 90s, worries a slow start with the goals and the ball bouncing off him a couple of times might start a few off…)

I saw a rumour on Twitter that the reason for the initial lack of City training pictures of Haaland was that there was an issue with his shoe sponsorship deal so that he could not be shown with the "wrong" shoe brand.

Not sure if that rumour is true, but there was a similar issue during his first several matches with Dortmund when he played with camouflaged Nike Mercurial shoes.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/01/report-puma-helped-dortmund-to-sign.html

The funny thing is with our spoilt fans, some may get frustrated at times with him.

We have so many technical players who never give the ball away. We take it for granted how good they are and expect all players to be like that.

Sterling wasn’t that level on a technical front and lost the ball quite often. Look how he was viewed even with his excellent stats. However he was always taking that risk. Being direct.

Haaland is our finisher. The ball won’t stick to him like glue all the time like it does with say Bernardo, Foden, Mahrez, etc.

(The pessimistic side of me, being a city fan in the 80s and 90s, worries a slow start with the goals and the ball bouncing off him a couple of times might start a few off…)

Hopefully the ball wont need to stick to him, one touch, back of net :)

When I have seen him play,. He is quite tidy for a big lad. I am not expecting the Sterling type treatment.

I saw a rumour on Twitter that the reason for the initial lack of City training pictures of Haaland was that there was an issue with his shoe sponsorship deal so that he could not be shown with the "wrong" shoe brand.

Not sure if that rumour is true, but there was a similar issue during his first several matches with Dortmund when he played with camouflaged Nike Mercurial shoes.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/01/report-puma-helped-dortmund-to-sign.html
I just knew it was a biggish shoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.