Welcome Kalvin Phillips | Signing confirmed on a 6 year deal

Not seen anything other than a David Batty type player personally although I’m sure he will improve massively with us, but I guess that’s why Pep gets paid millions, and I don’t.
Welcome Kalvin, we’re all behind you now you’re wearing the shirt and hope you prove me and a few others wrong.

The leeds fans are handling this with class and are wishing him well. Big difference from the villa or scouse
Decent club Leeds. Don’t understand some of the jip they get on here. Probably an age thing as I didn’t have to brave Elland Road in the 70s/80s!

Anyway, buzzing for this signing. Seems a top lad too.

Great signing. Feel he'll fit right in straight away and hit the ground running. Really adds to what we have and couldn't have asked for a better Fernandinho replacement.

I note that playing for England he plays further forward than Rice, much more or a box to box player than a DM. I think he will play with Rodri , rotating with Ilkay and Bernardo as needed, as well as rotating with Rodri and playing the deeper role.

Mind you pep could try him into a left back ...

Very good signing for me.

One of Leeds best players the last few years, an England International and someone who i think will improve aswell. He compliments Rodri perfectly and will improve that position and provide depth to the midfield. Very happy with it and at a bargain price too.

how come? do you think we'll go double pivot? Or is it because he has more energy to get round the pitch than Rodri?

For the last 2 years Bernardo has become the guy who has to play every match because he brings box-to-box energy and industry to the midfield. Rodri isn't the most mobile, KDB has slowed down, and Bernardo's been the guy to take up the slack.

When he's 100% fit, that's great because he can do that whilst also pulling some real magic out of the hat like we saw against Liverpool - he can do the hard graft without the ball, and then when he gets possession he's an incredible dribbler and creative player. When he's not 100% fit though, when he's been run into the ground, there's very little magic there just dogged running and hard work. He scored 7 of his 8 league goals before Christmas because IMO after the Christmas/NY run he was just knackered and couldn't get forward with the same regularity.

Phillips brings the same energy as Bernardo, which should mean Bernardo gets a lot more rest, which should mean he's able to play at his magical best a lot more, instead of just grinding through.

Six years!

Either a fantastic commitment or we've just signed Jack Rodwell mk2...

Scrap that Rodwell comment. DannynMurphy going full dipper in distress about it on talkshite.

"He wont play in the big games"
"Injury prone!"
Guys an idiot, he was on the radio a few weeks ago saying he'd of liked him at Liverpool. As soon as we signed him he started pulling the Talksport company line in slagging anything related to City.

1_25_02_17_11_43_02.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.