Welcome Stefan Ortega | Signs three-year deal

If he’s consistent he’ll get a fair amount of games.

Probably all league and Fa cup games, dead rubber champs league games and also any Prem games where we should be in control or are sandwiched between important champs league games and Eddie needs resting. Plus if Eddie were to be injured hopefully he’ll be a more seamless transition.

Shame as I liked Zack, but his footwork while decent and above many was just not near enough to the standard Eddie has set. I think the FA cup blunders did for him in the end in Pep’s eyes.

Would imagine he'll play the community shield and potentially a champions league group game or two depending on the opposition, otherwise he'd have to wait until November for our first Carabao cup game.

Couple of comments made by fans on The Athletic:

He is a sensational keeper. who I've watched make world class saves every week for the last 2 seasons (Arminia are my team). Delighted he has got this opportunity - people will be cynical about the motives, but can't imagine ever turning down the chance to join a squad like this, and it's probably financial security for the rest of his life as well.

As a lifelong Arminia Bielefeld, I have watched Ortega closely for the last few years and I can safely say that he is an outstanding goalkeeper. Especially during the last season, when Bielefeld was relegated, he was for the most part the only player who reached Bundesliga level, saving us most of the (few) points we got and regularly preventing higher defeats. He is excellent both on the line and with his feet; his goal kicks used to be a decisive part of Bielefeld's attacking structure because of their precision. Plus, he always carried himself in the most professional manner. City are lucky to have him as a #2, and any Bielefeld fan I know is happy for him for receiving this opportunity.

I love it when Txiki casts no shadow in these photos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.