Welcome to City For Matija Nastasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 year contract ... it'll take us that long to learn to pronounce his name.

I'll start the ball rolling with my first attempt - 'Mat Fantastic'.

Seriously though, sounds like a good signing.

Like most on here I've not seen him play, but I've just read on another site a comment from an Italian fan whose said Nastasic is going to be a world class defender without a doubt. I hope so.

I guess we can expect to see him gradually take Lescotts place over the next 2 or 3 seasons then.

Eccles Blue said:
This youngster has to be my favourite signing of the window. He is talented and young so can be moulded into our way of playing. I am sorry to see Savic go because I think he has potential but looking forward to seeing how Nastasic works out.

As I have just posted in the Transfer forum:

From the BBC Website:

"The 19-year-old centre-back was a revelation in Serie A last season. Thrown in at the deep end, his first start came against the then champions AC Milan. Did Nastasic let the occasion get to him? Not in the slightest. He marked Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the league's top scorer and best player, out of the game in a 0-0 draw. From that day on, he was one of the first names on Fiorentina's team-sheet and earned a call-up to the Serbia squad. Hailed as 'the new Nemanja Vidic', his response to that was simply: "I wish…""
what a great answer,,,,,very humble

ElanJo said:
Only seen him score 2 goals. One a header and the other a well taken volley.

literally 5 seconds but from the volley it looked like he had good tecnique. Looks quite short
6 ft n 1.5 inches according to Wiki, not a giant, but not really a problem since we have Lescott, Kompany, Richards, Yaya, Rodwell, Garcia, Dzeko, Kolarov and Balotelli. We could out-Stoke, Stoke if we wanted to.

Going to be a huge player for City in the future, and i'm already thinking down the line to a

---Nastasic----Kompany----Rekik--- back 3. How good does that look for 4 years time?

Very clever signing by Mancini and the club.

Colin Hendry, Andy Morrison and Richards are not giants but they were/are good in the air and he is quite a bit taller than them.

In fairness know nothing about the guy, in fact never heard of him but I wish him all the best to become our 2nd choice on team sheet after Lescott is done being a City great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.