Welders Flash (not slang or Euphemism)

No problem welding flash within 24 hours be gone the eye naturally replaces the skin anyway no ill effects, use to get em now and again when Britain had industry hurts like hell for a few hours man up you'll live.

As an apprentice, and at Tech for training (12 months of 'school' with beer at lunchtimes and getting paid for it, fantastic times) we were such silly sods, that in arc welding class we would deliberatly 'arc eye' one another.....'Paul!' Paul looks up from behind mask. ZAP.....Paul: 'Arrghh yer twat!'

Madness....

MCFCTrick said:
As an apprentice, and at Tech for training (12 months of 'school' with beer at lunchtimes and getting paid for it, fantastic times) we were such silly sods, that in arc welding class we would deliberatly 'arc eye' one another.....'Paul!' Paul looks up from behind mask. ZAP.....Paul: 'Arrghh yer twat!'

Madness....

I loved college during my apprenticeship. Surprised more teenagers dont die messing about in tech

Used to love treating this in a&e, people came in agony and two eye drops and they'd be pain free. Really satisfying!

Hurts for a bit but whenever I have personally had arc eye it was well deserved (welding with no mask and forgetting to shut eyes before trigger pull) atleast I used to get a sunburnt face mind! Once got it badly at college and got some eye drops from A&E but easier to just keep your eyes closed and try to sleep.

Tuearts right boot said:
Yep...arc eye.It'll hurt like fuck for a good few days and will ease of in about 2 weeks.It's quite painfull so bear with it,rub your eyes with your elbow...as me mam says

Tried that and it made no difference

cerrie_burnell.jpg

MCFCTrick said:

Madness....

I did what you did mate at Ashton Tech, I got flashed a few times, I was told it burns a layer of skin off your eyeball hence the sandpaper feel

Been welding for 20 yrs had it a few times first 12 24 hrs the worst then goes feels shit but just grin and bear it ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.