Wembley by road (& tube)

SORTED

For those of you that are driving in from the Greater Manchester area and parking up at (or near) a tube station; where are you jumping on at?

Mindful of avoiding Wembley Park and a repeat of the 2011 semi-final walk along Olympic way (stuff being thrown from the bridges above) I’ve looked at a a tube that will bring me in on the other side (Wembley Central) but I can’t work out which tube station would be best for this ‍♂️

I won’t be drinking so location of pubs etc need not be considered.

Cheers
Sorted

Last edited:
Are the tubes actually working on the 3rd ?
I was under the impression,maybe wrongly, that hey also are part of the Unions that are on strike?

Are the tubes actually working on the 3rd ?
I was under the impression,maybe wrongly, that hey also are part of the Unions that are on strike?
Yeah the tube and overground is still running mate although it’ll be much busier than usual due to the train strikes.

I’m thinking of chancing my arm for parking near Harrow and Wealdstone.

For those of you that are driving in from the Greater Manchester area and parking up at (or near) a tube station; where are you jumping on at?

Mindful of avoiding Wembley Park and a repeat of the 2011 semi-final walk along Olympic way (stuff being thrown from the bridges above) I’ve looked at a a tube that will bring me in on the other side (Wembley Central) but I can’t work out which tube station would be best for this ‍♂️

I won’t be drinking so location of pubs etc need not be considered.

Cheers
Sorted
Easiest routes are overground from Marylebone which stops at Wembley stadium stop which is right next to stadium. i tend to use this route for wembley as never that crowded to get on

or bakerloo tube to Wembley Central or you can get trains from Euston to Wembley central also

Yeah the tube and overground is still running mate although it’ll be much busier than usual due to the train strikes.

I’m thinking of chancing my arm for parking near Harrow and Wealdstone.
Get to Wealdstone mate there loads parking at the ground and getting the tube in and out.

Ex-pat here (US & Turkey) and will be basing in Slough for a few days prior to the final. I've not been to Wembley to see City play since 1981, and have not attended the new stadium before.

Would appreciate any advice from supporters familiar with how things work these days on how best to approach the stadium, best times to get in & avoid 'the crunch' (if there is one) and so on and so forth?

(I expect many of you will have made this trip many times before - and be 'old hands' with it, ehehe)

Thanks!

NB: I will be flying into Heathrow and will not be driving anywhere, but relying on my feet and public transport!

* and I will be heading off to Istanbul on June 4, can anyone guess why?

(and I'm indebted to a very special Bluemoon member for making ALL of this possible)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.